Empty grandstands at Hockenheim?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Empty grandstands at Hockenheim?

After 100 000 people for a stupid truck-race at Nurburgring, at the same time at the F1 race, it's 5 to 12 as Lauda said.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Andres125sx

German GP (one of the legendary ones), with a german team wiping out his rivals, a german driver leading the WDC, and his team mate, one of the best drivers out there, fighting with him for the championship

The german audience can´t ask for anymore.... but even so the stands were far from full

Sixth consecutive seasson without real competition, only Alonso provided some excitement in 2010 and 2012, but there have been a car beating their rivals easily for six years in a row now, since 2009. That´s the problem IMO, not the sound, lack of sparks, tyres....

The desperate efforts from MrE to increase the audience going to India, AbuDhabi, Rusia, Singapour, etc. are only masking F1 audience is falling down like a concrete block into the sea. Even so the audience is dropping seasson by seasson, what is quite illustrative if you consider all the new markets they´re opening.

MrE, retire yourself if you still have some regard for F1

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Andres125sx wrote: MrE, retire yourself if you still have some regard for F1
That has to be the funniest thing I have read on this forum. Bernie having some regard for F1. He only cares about money. Always has, always will.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pierce89

ESPImperium wrote:F1 needs lots of change, my views have been forthright for about 2-3 years now, and some of my proposals are as follows:

- Get rid of Bernie, he is old stale and pale. The F1 business model is out dated and needs modernising.
- FIA needs overhauling with a modern management structure.
- Prize money overhaul, and get Ferrari to give up their €150m straight off the top, its is anti competitive.
- Budget cap at €250m a year for chassis and €150m for Engine suppliers. Both numbers need to reduce after 2 years by 20% and after 5 by 50%
- Give the engine guys a 3 year amnesty of development with a stable engine rule set for 7 years.
- Chassis guys will have a 2 year amnesty with a 5 year stable rule set.
- Drivers need to compete in at least 50 GP2 or WSR races and take part in at least 5 days testing and 5 FP1 sessions (Tests and FP1 sessions need to be over a 2 year period immediate to becoming a F1 driver) to gain a super licence. Ideally id also include at least one years racing at Le Mans in a LMP2 or LMP1 car in this as well.
- Ditch the stupid rule where once you have competed in F1 you can't go back to GP2, drivers should be allowed to go back to GP2 or WSR to rebuild reputation. Same with GP3 WSR 2.0.
- Make F1 teams profitable.
- Make penalties simpler to understand.

Id also make about 20-30 other smaller tweaks as well. But all are under the surface, but would be felt.

Id also like to make rule for the tracks, that if they don't sell 90% of their tickets for their capacity they will have their race removed. Id like to see 90% of the tracks full by 90% of the time and not 50% of them full 50% of the time. Even if they like China give €57m a year or like Malaysia €59m a year, you need to fill your grandstands. Abu Dhabi has it right, they have 65,000 capacity, and are 98.8% full every session to 2012 figures. Monaco pays €2.4m and Monza pays €8m for the two lowest figures.
Is there a rule that a driver who has competed in in f1 can't compete in gp2 again? How did Grosjean get around said rule?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

AnthonyG

Where the grandstands now empty during the race?

(I haven't seen the race)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

I think I read 52-55 thousand for race day.

Cam

xpensive wrote:After 100 000 people for a stupid truck-race at Nurburgring, at the same time at the F1 race, it's 5 to 12 as Lauda said.
F1 2017 will see new rules of Diesel engines and sleeper cabs.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Thunder

Well the German media is to blame for it too. In the Schumacher Era all and everyone just focused on Schumacher, not on F1. And now that Schumacher is gone the Fans left too. Motorsport Fans are existant in Germany, see the Truck GP or the 24h at the Nürburgring, but the Media never "recovered" from Schumacher stepping down.

That's something England is really great at, sure they hype their Drivers but there is a big Focus on the Sport itself.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

muz
muz

I attended my first gp at monza last year. The noise walking to the circuit was amazing, almost other worldly and you knew you were at something special. Silverstone this year and you couldnt hear the cars over the crowd. It removed the gloss that covered the cracks in the sport. Now its just a race like other series. So why spend 300 plus getting a decent seat ? I think next year attendance will be even lower at most circuits.

krisfx
krisfx

Pierce89 wrote: Is there a rule that a driver who has competed in in f1 can't compete in gp2 again? How did Grosjean get around said rule?
I believe it is because he didn't compete in a full season of F1

FW17

now they are blaming vettel -ve comments for the low attendance. maybe he shouldn't have voiced it so much

Thunder

Certainly Vettels Comments about how much he dislikes the new F1 didn't help but it's not just him. How is it Good for the Sport when the big Players RedBull (Marko, Mateschitz and Vettel), Ferrari (mainly Montezemolo) and Bernie himself keep bashing F1 into Oblivion on every occasion?

That's just Madness in my Eyes. How can they really wonder why they lose Viewers?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Juzh

WilliamsF1 wrote:now they are blaming vettel -ve comments for the low attendance. maybe he shouldn't have voiced it so much
yeah, lets blame him for the current state of f1. He's entitled to his opinion you know.

AnthonyG

WilliamsF1 wrote:now they are blaming vettel -ve comments for the low attendance. maybe he shouldn't have voiced it so much

Yep, maybe we should all live in denail that there is something wrong and often use words like "intresting", "future" or "different".
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Andres125sx

Thunders wrote:Well the German media is to blame for it too. In the Schumacher Era all and everyone just focused on Schumacher, not on F1. And now that Schumacher is gone the Fans left too. Motorsport Fans are existant in Germany, see the Truck GP or the 24h at the Nürburgring, but the Media never "recovered" from Schumacher stepping down.

That's something England is really great at, sure they hype their Drivers but there is a big Focus on the Sport itself.
If winning the WDC four last seassons, winning the WCC this seasson, and fighting for the WDC this seasson too is not enough for the german media to attract audience, then they must me most incompetent media on planet earth

Problem is not german media, it´s F1 itself