F1 considering success ballast

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gray41

F1 considering success ballast

F1 considering success ballast to level playing field

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09159

Thoughts?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

bhall II

Re: F1 considering success ballast

Dear F1,

Sincerely,

Ben

George-Jung

gray41 wrote:F1 considering success ballast to level playing field

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09159

Thoughts?
Why not first post your own thoughts?

I think this could potentially be a good thing for the sport, but on the other hand I also prefer the cars to be on their quickest..

So in the end I would say 'Nee'

SectorOne

Formula 1 bosses met on Saturday morning in Hungary to discuss more ideas to increase the sporting spectacle and draw more fans to the sport.
Step one would be to perhaps consult the fans a bit before you sit and think up idiotic ideas you think will work because you are so detached from reality it´s scary.

How hard can it be to set up a poll on F1.com saying "success ballast, yes or no"

If over 75% say no then you don´t ever mention that idea for at least a good 20 years.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Cold Fussion

Success ballast is universally bad.

xpensive

Wouldn't it be easier ad more xciting to reduce the amount of fuel for the winner until the next race?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Juzh

Given recent decisions by fia and fom this is probably first step towards reverse grids.

strad

Another bad idea :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pierce89

Juzh wrote:Given recent decisions by fia and fom this is probably first step towards reverse grids.
Qualifying should be for points, then start the race in reverse of championship order. I mean... Go big or go home. If we wanna destroy f1, let's go all theway. Meritocracies aren't "entertaining" enough, apparently.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

wesley123

Frankly enough, this is one of the better ideas they have come up with.

It levels the playing field and gives others the ability to win, while not necessarily taking the ability to win away from the winning team.

Like xpensive said, it would probably work better with reducing the fuel allocated. Limiting the fuel allowed does not necessarily remove pace from the leading team, but gives other teams a tactical advantage. as they have more fuel to play with.

They should remove DRS with it to give the leading team still a chance at the win. And to actually let the drivers with the tactical advantage push for their position.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SectorOne

Artificial BS is what it is. Want to equalize the teams? Split up the money more evenly.

Putting less fuel in the car is the same as having a midget strapped on Michael Jordan´s back because he´s too good.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Briatore to head up F1's popularity working group

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really can't wait so see what kind of BS they dig up this time.

Just_a_fan

wesley123 wrote: It levels the playing field and gives others the ability to win
Levels the playing field? What a load of tosh on FIA's part. Any team can level the field by doing a better job. The nature of F1 is to design and build the best car and get the best driver you can to drive it. This isn't a democratic system, it's a pure meritocracy. The best team wins, the rest don't.

If the FIA want to improve audience figures they should stop the stupid rules changes mid season, the stupid post race penalties. They should encourage drivers from new markets - perhaps sponsor some young drivers in these new markets so that the locals at these races have someone to cheer for.

The FIA and Bernie are just hoping to extract the last few golden.eggs from the goose before walking away. They aren't interested in a goose breeding programme to maintain golden eggs in the future.

Sorry for mixing metaphors but it just makes me so angry. If they keep this silliness going I shall.be finding something else to do on Sunday afternoons...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bhall II

Juzh wrote:Briatore to head up F1's popularity working group

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really can't wait so see what kind of BS they dig up this time.
Is that real?

Dragonfly

George-Jung wrote: I think this could potentially be a good thing for the sport ....
Sport?
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012