Nico Rosberg or Lewis Hamilton for the title?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win this years Drivers Title 2014?

Poll ended at 08 Aug 2014, 15:02

Lewis Hamilton
74%
Nico Rosberg
23%
or a surprise driver
3%

Total votes: 39

Steven
Owner

Re: Nico Rosberg or Lewis Hamilton for the title?

Well then, why exactly was the Hamilton vs Rosberg thread closed?

turbof1

Re: Nico Rosberg or Lewis Hamilton for the title?

J0rd4n wrote:
Gaz. wrote:It could well come down to penalties for PU use, that fire has put an enormous dent in LH's quota, I'm under the impression that the fire consumed every component of the PU? He could well end up with another 20th place start in Texas and Brazil due to the technical penalties.

Still there is another half of the season left so anything could happen.
They used old components, so no change to the quotas after Hungary. Lewis still on three of everything. I believe he has to use them in Belgium, then Nico and Lewis will go onto their 4th set of NEW components.

If Lewis gets clean runs in Q3, his extra speed should carry him to pole. That's all he needs to win the races. Repeat this four or five times and the championship is his.
Yes, but those old components could still have been used somewhere else. They were probably allocated for the practices, now Hamilton will have the problem that later in the season he'll need to use PU components otherwise meant for just qualy and race, already during practice.

Of course he could try to skip some free practices or parts of it, but that'll hurt him in track feeling and set up. An other option is to use more conservatice settings, but that'll hurt him in performance. Those PU components that got burned up, will have consequences one way or another.

That being said, it is still quite a long while. Rosberg could have his PU burned as well at one point, though it's less likely due each time a failure happens, the team makes changes to reduce the chances of a similar failure.

If I were Lewis, I'd put in a 6th engine in the penultimate race, take the penalty and have a relative fresh engine for the last race.
#AeroFrodo