The Ayrton Senna memorial image thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: The Ayrton Senna memorial image thread

munudeges wrote:I always have incredibly mixed feelings about Senna. Do I think he was a God? No. Do I think he was the greatest driver ever? No. Do I think he was stupidly and unnecessarily reckless when racing? Yes, and that's over and above what other drivers were doing.
Remember when he was blackmailing Ron Dennis in 93, asking a million dollars per race and flying back to Brazil in between?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

You can't really argue with the blackmailing as he won 5 races, probably more were it not for Benetton being the preferred choice for updates on the Cosworth engine. Besides, Ron more than made his money back with the bag of Francs he got from Peugeot the next year, and then the even bigger bag of Deutschmarks he got from Mercedes in '95.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

timbo
timbo

Belatti
Belatti

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

GitanesBlondes

"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

I did a bit of photoshopping, now I am thinking about drawing this image in charcoal and pencil.

GitanesBlondes

Pictures of Ayrton and Gerard Ducarouge

Just for fun, one of Gerard Ducarouge himself....such a badass.

Ayrton and Honda founder Soichiro Honda in 1986 or the handshake that made Ayrton a triple world champion...the old man adored Ayrton.

Morteza

Wow! The way he described the situation...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

xpensive
xpensive

1987 German GP, Senna don't seem to like the result much;

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"