Negativity and Haterism trend....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Negativity and Haterism trend....

Ugh, i'm starting this thread becuase personally im a bit fed up with the constant endless negativity towards F1.
Seriously, why the hating? this wrong that wrong nothings good, the good old days were better, ditch bernie, ditch jean todt, b*tch here b*tch there.

Yeah it's a rant but here's a list for you just to show you how friggin many times these same topics pop up. It's like every quarter of a year it needs to be replayed and b*tched about again and again and again. it really gets boring.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=19791 - b*tchpost about wheels - turns out great
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=19669 - june 26, 'how to improve f1'. there's a fresh b*tchpost about 'how to fix f1' which essentially is a rerun only the june 26 topic actually has something interesting and not just BS
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=19673 - June 27, F1 a dying sport :roll:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=17842 - F1 2014 too slow.....really? now we have 2014 vs 2014 pace.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=18910 - pulled the plug on f1.....b*tchtread
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=17770 - crisis meeting F1 is dead thanks to the new regs...really? #-o
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=16222 - F1 is becoming too slow....how many of these do we need?
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=15394 - How would you change f1. how many of these threads do we need?

and these are just some i picked up.

time and time again the same 'spirit' and 'thought' of topics pop up again and time and time again loads of hate and negativity. it's seriously boring and useless. It's been discussed a tonne times before.

F1 isn't going down. stop seeing collapse and disaster. There is no iceberg ahead.

It would be nice to see some positivity about F1 for a change. Some happiness as to what we can be happy about in F1 right now.

something about the health of F1 3 years ago showing increase instead of the pick-and-choose decline rates of TV

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/30/sport ... -business/

there. vented.
I know i'm not alone in these thoughts. #-o

and ps. it's not an attack to certain members in itself. the forum breathes negativity lately and it's a shame, there's no need to complain this excessively about our favourite sport.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

pob

Re: Negativity and Haterism trend....

Much of the negativity this year originates from the paddock itself: Karun Chandhok said he left the British Grand Prix early because he found it too depressing as everyone except Mercedes and Williams was bitching about something.
F1 is still the pinnacle of motorsport and there has been some great racing this year to be savoured, but F1 is certainly at a crossroads and there are genuine reasons for fans to be concerned and share their grievances (even if they don't all stand up to scrutiny like with some of the examples you posted).

Gaz.
Gaz.

Agreed, it's like ground hog day.

A case in point, read this letter from Ron and Frank from 2003:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/31668

The only difference between the golden age of 1986 or whenever and now is that that we didn't have twitter or a message board to moan about F1.
Forza Jules

Belatti
Belatti

The only positive thing I see now is top speed. 336kph for Interlagos is grrrrreat! =D>

Then I dont like the sound, the looks of the cars and the fact that they pull 3Gs instead of 5Gs in fast corners/brakings. I cant tell you otherwise, its my truth

Particularly I dont see negativity or icebergs ahead, for example: I didnt like the 2009 rule changes because of car "shapes" and since then, somehow I got used to them. The same happened with 1998s grooved tires and 2m to 1.8m car track. Just take a look at a 1997 car and notice how good it looks compared to a 2009...

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Sombrero
Sombrero

A good friend of mine told me we have the F-1 we deserve : with growing globalisation, stupid regulation and associal media we don't deserve much et the time...

Moose
Moose

Oh dear god, shut the **** up.

This thread is not about being negative towards F1, you have endless other threads to rip F1 apart. Can't we have just one single thread to celebrate how brilliant a season this year has been?

xpensive
xpensive

Manoah2u wrote:Ugh, i'm starting this thread becuase personally im a bit fed up with the constant endless negativity towards F1.
Perhaps you forgot your own posts regarding Haas F1, not xactly bubbling with joy those either? Just saying...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Sombrero
Sombrero

Be serious : 2014 a brilliant season ? Only if it's the first one you've ever seen...

hollus

What is it missing compared to 1988? Or 1996? Or 2002? Or 2004? Or 2011? Or 1995? Or 1992?
If you ask me, with better in-car mics, or even just a higher mic gain FFS, and with onboard cameras that point a little big higher so we could see objects zoom by at 330km/h, there wouldn't be so much bitching.
And with Mercedes cars that were a second slower, we could be talking about one of the best season's ever. IMO.
Rivals, not enemies.

Tim.Wright

I think its a general trend seen everywhere, for people to complain. Here its amplified because there has been a simultaneous drop off in interesting technical discussions. Oh and also this:
Not the engineer at Force India

strad

Just my opinion, but I think there good cause for said negativity.
My thoughts are that since the FIA started designing the cars is where all the problems began.
I'm sure that those who think 2014 season is and has been fabulous will disagree.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

There is of course a simple test..
Bullshit.. or Not?

Have the tightly circumscribed technical efficiency changes as imposed..
.. to push supposed eco-dynamics..
.. improved or reduced..
..the quality of the.. 'pinnacle' ..of FIA formula racing?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

toraabe
toraabe

Why not go back to 1997 rules. 2 m wide cars, wide tyres, 600 kg and only single wings allowed, so it will be easier to overtake in corners.. And 1000 hp v10 engines.... Enjoy

SectorOne

Well in terms of pure racing it´s the best season of the last 10-15 years, no recent year even comes close to the amount of on-track battles we´ve had this year.

I say this formula of lots of horsepower, less DF and some semi-good tires seems to provide excellent amount of battles.
With a small wish that all the engines gets a bit closer things will just get even better in this department.

Edit: gotta love the "i disagree" downvotes here by anonymous people who would only vote because they can hide.
Last edited by SectorOne on 20 Nov 2014, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Richard
Richard

Yup, it's like groundhog day.

I think 2014 has been great because:
  • The sheer technical complexity of the new PU
  • Torque often exceeds traction so we see cars squirm as the power goes down exiting from corners
  • Hearing tyres squeal in pit stops
  • The sound of the turbo and ERS
  • Close competition for the WDC between team mates up to the last race
  • Ricciardo establishing himself
  • Alonso race craft
  • Williams showing its worthwhile sticking through the hard times
  • The driver merrygoaround has gone on for longer than I can remember
  • Massa enjoying his post-Ferrari career
  • Button smiling even though he is being treated appallingly - he's come out with some good one liners too
  • The curious case of Vettel missing in action.
  • The drama of teams going bust (not a good news story, but it has livened things up)
  • The fact there is still so much going on in F1, normally everything has gone cold by now.
  • The improvements at Interlagos showing that new doesn't have to mean bad.
  • Tyres have sensible durability