Toto Wolff: 'I fear Red Bull reaction in 2015, first rival'

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mesteño

Toto Wolff: 'I fear Red Bull reaction in 2015, first rival'

"I would put Williams the first rival, but I fear too much Red Bull's reaction"

"The presentation of the car might be in the first test of Spain"

"If negotiations with Hamilton go wrong, Alonso is first choice, then Bottas, but I am optimistic about it" to what Gazzetta answers "Bottas is linked to Ferrari in 2016". Toto: "They have no many options when Raikonnen contract ends".

What about Alonso and Mclaren Honda?
"He is key with any car. If he has a car that qualifies 6th, then he puts it third" "Honda problems in Abu Dhabi are electronics related, all we had the same first days".

Just Read in Gazzetta dello Sport (newspaper)

Sorry for my english.

f1universe
f1universe

Re: Toto Wolff: 'I fear Red Bull reaction in 2015, first riv

Williams will never be a true rival for Mercedes, not if they have the "same" engine.

Moose
Moose

f1universe wrote:Williams will never be a true rival for Mercedes, not if they have the "same" engine.
Right, just like McLaren didn't stand a chance of beating Mercedes with the same engine... oh... wait.

SilverArrow10

Moose wrote:
f1universe wrote:Williams will never be a true rival for Mercedes, not if they have the "same" engine.
Right, just like McLaren didn't stand a chance of beating Mercedes with the same engine... oh... wait.
That was when McLaren had already been using the same engine for five years, and when they mattered less. Mercedes controls the engine's in this new engine formula, why do you think McLaren are switching to Honda, to become there own works team and control their own engines. Works teams have a significant advantage over their customers.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Sevach
Sevach

In theory this advantage will be smaller in the second season with these rules.

Mercedes had a huge head start in terms of understanding how to fit the engine within the chassis last year.