Going to testing.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Going to testing.

Hi guys, just a quick one . Im thinking of dragging the Mrs to Barcelona for the weekend of 21st 22nd of Feb, and while im there, I might as well pop round to the circuit for a day, how does access work for testing? Do you just pay at the gate ? Or do I need to vook in advance ? I cant seem to find any info on the circuit website, has anyone been recently for testing ?

Thanks Nath.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

pob

Re: Going to testing.

Barcelona sometimes let you go to testing for free if you have race tickets booked for later in the year. There will probably be more information on the circuit website soon.

lebesset
lebesset

quite easy , just set up camp for free with the other motorhomers in the car park and pay at the gate to enter the circuit!
shan't go this year ...jerez is too early to be going to portugal afterwards and barcelona is too far north for late february , that's costa blanca time !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

NathanOlder

Thanks guys, has anyone got an idea on the price for a day ticket for testing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Make sure to bring comfortable shoes with you, as you can walk pretty much all around the circuit and half the grandstands are accessible. In 2013 one could buy tickets online but also at the gates 3 and 7 at the track. Don't miss the outside area of turn 3, not many people discovered that you could walk to this spot.

http://www.circuitcat.com/en/f1/tarifas.php

If you scroll down, you'll see the map of the circuit with the gates and all the grandstands. Below K is a tunnel to the inside of T6. There were also guided tours in 2013 that took you around the track and to the inside of T12 for 50€, while the normal entry was 20€, if i remember correctly.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

NathanOlder

Excellent, thank you very much.
I will be sure to check out turn 3, cant wait now. Roll on car launches this month!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.