Driver Helmets 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
markp
markp

Re: Driver Helmets 2015

Hamilton moved to Bell as I would. It's 500 pounds cheaper, makes a difference, he can now afford a few luxuries in the weekly shopping.

Hail22

markp wrote:Hamilton moved to Bell as I would. It's 500 pounds cheaper, makes a difference, he can now afford a few luxuries in the weekly shopping.
I doubt Lewis or the other top tier drivers pay for their own helmets infact I wouldn't be surprised if they're paid to wear them.

Example, Daniel Craig was offered / Paid by Sony to hold / use a phone for his movies:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... msgta.html
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

krisfx
krisfx

Hail22 wrote:
markp wrote:Hamilton moved to Bell as I would. It's 500 pounds cheaper, makes a difference, he can now afford a few luxuries in the weekly shopping.
I doubt Lewis or the other top tier drivers pay for their own helmets infact I wouldn't be surprised if they're paid to wear them.

Example, Daniel Craig was offered / Paid by Sony to hold / use a phone for his movies:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... msgta.html
They don't as far as I know it's only Schuberth of the big three that charge the teams/drivers for helmet usage. In fact it's one of the reasons why Stand 21 were forced out of the sport, they couldn't keep up with Arai and Bell chucking helmets at drivers for nothing.

Starscreamer

I thought drivers may choose 1 helmet
Stevens got a complete different livery in Monaco

old:

new:
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

j2004p
j2004p

A few drivers have said (Vettel most vocally IIRC) have said they are willing to pay the fine to race a 'Monaco Special'.

Stevens really must have well lined pockets!

Cuky

Vettel has new helmet for Canada

It is the same design but with different tones in colors so he is fine with rules

gray41

So Lewis has had 5 designs on his helmet so far this season during the first season in which design changes are banned:

Pre-Season

Australia

Bahrain

Barcelona

Monaco

I hope he sticks with the Monaco pole design (he went back to the Barcelona design for the race)
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

PlatinumZealot

What's the difference between Monaco and Barcelona helmets?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

gray41 wrote:So Lewis has had 5 designs on his helmet so far this season during the first season in which design changes are banned:
It's only wholesale changes that are banned. Vettel has had a subtly different helmet at every race so far.

PlatinumZealot

Jonnycraig wrote:
gray41 wrote:So Lewis has had 5 designs on his helmet so far this season during the first season in which design changes are banned:
It's only wholesale changes that are banned. Vettel has had a subtly different helmet at every race so far.
So if he changes his limp horse to a strong healthy one it is OK?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

PlatinumZealot wrote:What's the difference between Monaco and Barcelona helmets?
It looks like there's a gold/yellow stripe on the bottom sides on the Monaco version.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hรผlkenberg

Cuky

PlatinumZealot wrote:What's the difference between Monaco and Barcelona helmets?
Barcelona has, going from front to the back: thin yellow stripe, red stripe, yellow stripe, 3 red stripes

Monaco, also from front to the back: thick yellow stripe, red stripe, blank space, 3 red stripes

George-Jung
George-Jung

Cuky wrote:Vettel has new helmet for Canada
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGgS_9vWoAASjxg.png:large

It is the same design but with different tones in colors so he is fine with rules
It looks like the photo's are partly black and white.. it looks good though. =D>

Regarding Hamilton's helmet.. I can't spot the difference between his Australian and Bahrein helmet..
I think it isn't a different design, it is a different manufacture..

Cuky

George-Jung wrote:Regarding Hamilton's helmet.. I can't spot the difference between his Australian and Bahrein helmet..
Bahrain helmet has longer lines that go from two stars to the visor, red shape under the visor at the front is thicker, yellow shape under the visor at the front is thinner. Other than that it is different manufacturer.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Cuky wrote:
George-Jung wrote:Regarding Hamilton's helmet.. I can't spot the difference between his Australian and Bahrein helmet..
Bahrain helmet has longer lines that go from two stars to the visor, red shape under the visor at the front is thicker, yellow shape under the visor at the front is thinner. Other than that it is different manufacturer.
Ah ok now I see, also the black-part from Monster Energy is different..