2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

Richard wrote:
Vasconia wrote:1 second(or more) of advantage+ super reliable PU= A depressing season is coming! :(
The Williams-Ferrari-Red Bull battle could be very interesting.
That's the main question plus just how much Honda are going to advance. More on the Merc advantage - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/03/s ... raws-near/

MOWOG

Yes the battle for 4th place is always an exciting one....... :?
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Harsha
Harsha

MOWOG wrote:Yes the battle for 4th place is always an exciting one....... :?
You mean 3rd?

turbof1

If Rosberg managed to improve a tiny bit (he'll be extremely motivated to do so) compared to Hamilton, I don't mind another season of merc dominance. Last year we had a championship going down to the wire. Granted, Nico had a bit of luck with Lewis loosing more points with failures, but a bit more luck for Lewis plus a bit more competition of Nico will make a very exciting season.

It's atleast a lot better then the dreadful 2011 and 2013 seasons. 1 team and 1 driver dominating it, now that is depressing.
#AeroFrodo

Phil

I'll be very interested to see how the Rosberg/Hamilton turns out this year. If I am not mistaken, Rosberg has had a good run during testing and has done significantly more laps/miles to Hamilton. I wonder if this will have any effect on their relative performance come Melbourne.

I'll also be very interested to see the toss up between Kimi and Seb. I think they'll be quite well matched, but I think Vettel may have the edge here and there (just a hunch). Then of course there is Alonso. I really hope he'll be fit enough to drive in Melbourne. Very interested to see how Button will do. He can be extremely quick on a good day - the team up with Lewis at McLaren showed this, but he can also be a bit lost at times. I hope we will see both Alonso and Button at their best level with a car that will hopefully be in the mix.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:
It's atleast a lot better then the dreadful 2011 and 2013 seasons. 1 team and 1 driver dominating it, now that is depressing.
:lol: :lol:

In 2011, we had 5 different winners from 3 teams
In 2013, we had 5 different winners from 4 teams
In 2014, we had 3 different winners from 2 teams

Amazing post in the days of Google & wikipedia.
Last edited by Jonnycraig on 02 Mar 2015, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

WaikeCU

turbof1 wrote:If Rosberg managed to improve a tiny bit (he'll be extremely motivated to do so) compared to Hamilton, I don't mind another season of merc dominance. Last year we had a championship going down to the wire. Granted, Nico had a bit of luck with Lewis loosing more points with failures, but a bit more luck for Lewis plus a bit more competition of Nico will make a very exciting season.

Second that! Inter team battle is always exciting to see. Plus the mindgames between the two drivers is also fascinating to watch.

gandharva

I still think that Merc is completely overrated by most of the people here (mostly based on testing times) and that they will have much harder times this year, especially during the race.

turbof1

Jonnycraig wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

In 2011, we had 1 driver winning 11 races, the second most wins were 3 (both Button and Hamilton). I'd say winning over 3.5x times races then the closest person (concerning wins) and rounding off the championship 4 races before the end of the season, counts as dominating. Vettel's teammate won ONLY 1 race. Winning as a team total of 12 races in a season, that's domination.
In 2013, we had 1 driver winning 12 races, the second most wins were 2 (both Alonso and Rosberg). If you seriously feel that in a season where you win 6x times as many as the closest person (concerning wins) and rounding off the championship 3 races before the end of the season, with your teammate winning none, is not a dominated season, then that's a very flawed view. Winning as a team total of 12 races in a season, that's domination.
-2014, we had a season with 1 driver winning 11 races, and the closest one 5 races, so 2.2x times, can be fully debated if that is dominating, especially since the season went down to the last race. The team of course fully dominated, but not one driver.

Amazing post, especially in the days of google and wikipedia.
#AeroFrodo

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

WaikeCU wrote:
turbof1 wrote:If Rosberg managed to improve a tiny bit (he'll be extremely motivated to do so) compared to Hamilton, I don't mind another season of merc dominance. Last year we had a championship going down to the wire. Granted, Nico had a bit of luck with Lewis loosing more points with failures, but a bit more luck for Lewis plus a bit more competition of Nico will make a very exciting season.

Second that! Inter team battle is always exciting to see. Plus the mindgames between the two drivers is also fascinating to watch.
It will be really interesting again this year but only if Rosberg gets into Hamiltons head. I look back and count how many times each of them competitively passed each other and made it stick.................it's dominated by the one driver. It saddens me to say but subject to reliability, this season will be the same as last, only more resounding.

I'm not sad that Hamilton might win, it's just we all want a close season and not falsely close with stupid rules/double points, etc.
Last edited by Alexgtt on 02 Mar 2015, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

Hamilton/rosberg battle in itself is ok if rosberg can stay competitive, what makes it boring is the fact they're 30s down the road and any mistakes are virtually not punished 90% of the time. See 2014 for example.

Juzh

WaikeCU wrote:[
As long as your team is the one doing all the winning, sure.

NathanOlder

Jonnycraig wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

2011 and 2013 were no where near as good to watch as 2014. I dont care how many winners there are, its all about the title fight lasting as long as possible. 11 & 13 were only good for seb fans. 14 was good for Lewis fans and the neutrals.

Another 2014 is fine by me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

turbof1

Juzh wrote:Hamilton/rosberg battle in itself is ok if rosberg can stay competitive, what makes it boring is the fact they're 30s down the road and any mistakes are virtually not punished 90% of the time. See 2014 for example.
Although I generally agree with you, there are some mistakes that got punished. Belgium and Hungary for example, one in the pits (or rather the strategy) and and one on the road. Or Russia.

Granted, smaller mistakes like going off the road without destroying your tyres didn't really costed them a lot.
#AeroFrodo

Richard
Richard

Juzh wrote:As long as your team is the one doing all the winning, sure.
Here's a tip - step away from the concept of "your team". Then you'll see 2014 as interesting. There was a tight head to head battle for the WDC, and similar battles in the following pack with some young guns challenging experienced drivers, plus intrigue about the future of Ferrari and Mclaren.