New F1.com website

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Harsha
Harsha

New F1.com website

After a decade of time The FOM management looks to be woken up from sleep
They started creating a new website and gave glimpse of beta version few days back for a short period of time
Now the new website is back with some new content
I really liked it as it looked very good and fast loading on my tablet
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en.html

SectorOne

Re: New F1 Website in the Horizon

Ok price i would say, good to see some changes to the sport as well.
Now just put in a livestream and im sold but i guess their tv deals needs to run out before they can include such things in new contracts with tv stations.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Artur Craft

Omg, the new site is SO much worse! It's uglier, harder to navigate on :x

untill some hours ago(checked 2014 dry FP3 to guess pole time for this year), I could access the previous site's results section as in:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/784/6449/

Now it's offline and the new idiotic site only have race results of 2014(not even practice and qualifying with sector times, speed traps) :(

I'm really really pissed, now all the past data I used to consult, from time to time, is gone

Hail22

Artur Craft wrote:Omg, the new site is SO much worse! It's uglier, harder to navigate on :x

untill some hours ago(checked 2014 dry FP3 to guess pole time for this year), I could access the previous site's results section as in:

Now it's offline and the new idiotic site only have race results of 2014(not even practice and qualifying with sector times, speed traps) :(

I'm really really pissed, now all the past data I used to consult, from time to time, is gone
Have to agree, quite a confusing web page and over dressed.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Moose
Moose

Yep, much worse - it forces you to scroll to certain places. The result, it loads, you scroll to the time of the race (which is much harder to read now), and then it scrolls you away before you get a chance to read it.

Terrible.

flynfrog

still lists seb as a redbull too.

Sevach
Sevach

Artur Craft wrote:Omg, the new site is SO much worse! It's uglier, harder to navigate on :x

I agree, quite awful page.

Juzh

Typical FOM.

Morteza

I detest this new website.
Is there a way to find the times of FPs like the old website? Does it even exist on the new site?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Juzh

Morteza wrote:I detest this new website.
Is there a way to find the times of FPs like the old website? Does it even exist on the new site?
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ice-1.html
CHAMPIONSHIP / RESULTS / 2015 RACE RESULTS / 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Only standings though. No laptimes, top speeds, split times or anything.

Morteza

Juzh wrote:
Morteza wrote:I detest this new website.
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ice-1.html
CHAMPIONSHIP / RESULTS / 2015 RACE RESULTS / 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Only standings though. No laptimes, top speeds, split times or anything.
Thanks! It's a pity they have ruined their old website. Not that it was perfect, but at least better than this new one.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

turbof1

It is also very buggy to be honest.
#AeroFrodo

rederikus
rederikus

First post here. I have been a Formula 1 fan since before Jim Clark won his first championship.

I too hate the new F1 website . I do not mind paying for access to data and features but the way the website displays either in Chrome or Internet Explorer under Windows 8.1 is truly confusing.

Additionally I paid for the season pass for the new Android app and that does not work either. I have requested a full refund from Google Play.

I hope they get this sorted out soon. I really like having all the stats on my PC, the map on my Android tablet and the TV during qualifying and the race.

It would seem that in this instance the M in FOM has failed badly. Let's hope the season improves.

diffuser

rederikus wrote:First post here. I have been a Formula 1 fan since before Jim Clark won his first championship.

I too hate the new F1 website . I do not mind paying for access to data and features but the way the website displays either in Chrome or Internet Explorer under Windows 8.1 is truly confusing.

Additionally I paid for the season pass for the new Android app and that does not work either. I have requested a full refund from Google Play.

I hope they get this sorted out soon. I really like having all the stats on my PC, the map on my Android tablet and the TV during qualifying and the race.

It would seem that in this instance the M in FOM has failed badly. Let's hope the season improves.

I had to go into "settings"-> "apps"-> "F1 app" and clear cache for the app to work .

Juzh

So I downloaded FP1 & 2 records from the app, but when I try to replay it it's stuck at the start with "safety car" flashing and nothing happens. Using timing slider doesn't help. Anyone else getting that?