New F1.com website

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
George77
George77

Re: New F1 Website in the Horizon

The old one was much better

Andres125sx

Artur Craft wrote:Omg, the new site is SO much worse! It's uglier, harder to navigate on :x

untill some hours ago(checked 2014 dry FP3 to guess pole time for this year), I could access the previous site's results section as in:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/784/6449/

Now it's offline and the new idiotic site only have race results of 2014(not even practice and qualifying with sector times, speed traps) :(

I'm really really pissed, now all the past data I used to consult, from time to time, is gone
Agree!

Old web was superb, you could check any race even if it was some decades old, qualifying, results per driver, results per seasson, any table with links to check any specific driver/race.... it was so useful... :cry:

rederikus
rederikus

I requested a full refund from Google Play for the 2015 Formula 1 app and they have just confirmed this by email.

I tried clearing the cache and that did not work unfortunately. I may well give it a couple of races and then try again having read more responses.

I really hope FOM do make this app work because the next step is to go live video once all their broadcast contracts expire. Personally I will pay money NOT to have to watch that nitwit Suzi Perry on the BBC so I hope we get video like they have on MotoGP.

zeph
zeph

f1.com renewed site

It all looks a lot more snazzy, but in their zeal they removed the one thing I always came back to the site for: All F1 results from 1950 to the present. No more. Sucks.

http://www.f1.com

Moose
Moose

Re: f1.com renewed site

zeph wrote:It all looks a lot more snazzy, but in their zeal they removed the one thing I always came back to the site for: All F1 results from 1950 to the present. No more. Sucks.

http://www.f1.com
The one thing I use it for is "what time is the race in my time zone?". Also gone.

zeph
zeph

Yeah, that was another thing I used it for. Sad.

I tried to log in with my old credentials, but it doesn't seem to work yet.

I have a nagging suspicion stuff like live timing has disappeared behind a paywall.

Kiril Varbanov

The general idea for that site is to become paid, for most of its content. The "convert race to my local time" is a paid feature now, but it's free on the mobile app.

zeph
zeph

Not good.

F1 needs to be more accessible for the general public. Not less. The shortsightedness of F1's executive arm is #-o

mikeerfol

"convert race to my local time" is still there, click on "My time xx:xx"

Predator

Sky (UK) have gone the same way. Last year they offered a 'race control' option for online viewers that allowed you to see live timing, driver tracking etc. I had the timing screen on my laptop alongside the coverage on my TV but they have now dropped this service and it is only available on iPad (aka iCrap)! Gutted I cannot view sector times anymore. As for the official site - personally, as a designer, I think it's awful.

pgsdiver
pgsdiver

Agree there has been a gradual degradation in the quality of the information available on the official Formula1 site.
The F1 Access option is rudimentary and reflects the "dumbing down" of F1 that they are attempting in order to attract younger followers.
For example, it is now impossible to get (at least on my machine) all times on one screen.
Am I the only one that is tired of being fleeced for sub-standard content.
I've now paid for Foxtel here in Oz so I can watch races, and while it's good, I now have to pay (as I did last year) for live timing using an app or website which are just rubbish.
I find it amazing that I (who have followed F1 for over 30 years) am now considering ditching it altogether.
Sorry to begin my involvement with this forum with a rant, but I'm frustrated with the way we are now treated with such contempt by FOM.
Here's to a great race tomorrow to make us feel better!
Cheers,
Peter
PS. Has anyone on here EVER been asked to participate in feedback to FOM about what we may want?

speedy56
speedy56

Is it possible to use one account on more computers?
For example, I subscribe to F1 Access and give my neighbour user and pass. Is FOM going to ban me or..? On how much computers is it possible to use it?

This is from here
You must keep your password secure and never share passwords or other access codes with anyone or in any way make them accessible to others;

not copy, record, distribute or store all or any part of the Service or content accessed through the Service (other than on a purely transitory basis to permit you to view them) or divert, re-transmit or otherwise distribute all or any part of the Service to any person, or authorise, enable or procure any other person to do any of the above;

not alter, edit, reconfigure, repurpose, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Service or any content accessed through the Service;
=P~

ema00
ema00

the new site is horrible, they delete all the good was there...

piast9
piast9

mikeerfol wrote:"convert race to my local time" is still there, click on "My time xx:xx"
It is now. Originally clicking there redirected to Rolex commercial.

jericho

Pfff, just saw my F1 timing app doesn't work anymore.. Isn't there another free way of live-timing??