The Maurizio Arrivabene show

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: The Maurizio Arrivabene show

Juzh wrote:Is op really deserving of -4 status? He's just stating his opinion after all.
Thank you!
Some People clearly don't read the forum rules.

The ratings are for voting on credibility! I don't see how stating my simple opinion makes me incredible. The voting system has now turned into "I like/don't like your opinion!" game.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

PlatinumZealot

Tim.Wright wrote:
Juzh wrote:Is op really deserving of -4 status? He's just stating his opinion after all.
Could it be that the general consensus is that the F1T community aren't interested in seeing this type of handwavy, unquantifiable, fanboy ranting crap popping up on the front page?
Tim, I think you should read the rules on voting. :wink:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:
Could it be that the general consensus is that the F1T community aren't interested in seeing this type of handwavy, unquantifiable, fanboy ranting crap popping up on the front page?
Tim, I think you should read the rules on voting. :wink:
i think since the option 'fanboy' exists on the voting selection list, tim is entitled very much to state which he is stating in full compliance to the voting rules.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

I thought Tim didn't read the title of the thread. Maybe he entered expecting something else. Did he think it was an actual show on MTV? Or some sort of serious review on Arrivabene's life in Fomula 1? lol I hope it is obvious to anybody it is neither of those. Come to think of it, I think, old Tim just wanted to come in here and down-vote for the heck of it. He knew what this thread is about.

The title was worded to imply that this is an opinionated thread (in the General Chat section on formula 1 of all places!). Of course the word "show" is there to indicate that I have a special view of Arrivabene. He greatly cares about how he is seen by others.

The thread was made to keep sort of a record on how people's views and opinions of Arrivabene change over the course of the season. This is not even as Bad as the Bernie bashing threads I see popping up. Am I seen as some Arrivabene fan-boi just because I am interested to know what people's opinions are of him?

evered7
evered7

Maybe the thread title can be modified to exclude the 'show part'. Something like Has Arrivabene arrived well? Shamelessly copied from commentary in the last week I know but it might sound a little less offensive if some don't think high of the 'show' part in the title :)

Downvoting is a little too extreme IMHO.

George-Jung
George-Jung

PlatinumZealot wrote:I thought Tim didn't read the title of the thread. Maybe he entered expecting something else. Did he think it was an actual show on MTV? Or some sort of serious review on Arrivabene's life in Fomula 1? lol I hope it is obvious to anybody it is neither of those. Come to think of it, I think, old Tim just wanted to come in here and down-vote for the heck of it. He knew what this thread is about.

The title was worded to imply that this is an opinionated thread (in the General Chat section on formula 1 of all places!). Of course the word "show" is there to indicate that I have a special view of Arrivabene. He greatly cares about how he is seen by others.

The thread was made to keep sort of a record on how people's views and opinions of Arrivabene change over the course of the season. This is not even as Bad as the Bernie bashing threads I see popping up. Am I seen as some Arrivabene fan-boi just because I am interested to know what people's opinions are of him?
Although down voting your 1post in this topic should not be necessary.. I think most people visit this forum/website to find some news regarding the technical aspect of F1 and perhaps some side stories.. therefor I think a lot of people are not interested in your or anybodies view on Arrivabene..

Having said that; I think Arrivabene is the right 'familyman' for Ferrari at this moment.. for what I have seen so far, I really like the guy.

PlatinumZealot

George-Jung wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I thought Tim didn't read the title of the thread. Maybe he entered expecting something else. Did he think it was an actual show on MTV? Or some sort of serious review on Arrivabene's life in Fomula 1? lol I hope it is obvious to anybody it is neither of those. Come to think of it, I think, old Tim just wanted to come in here and down-vote for the heck of it. He knew what this thread is about.

Although down voting your 1post in this topic should not be necessary.. I think most people visit this forum/website to find some news regarding the technical aspect of F1 and perhaps some side stories.. therefor I think a lot of people are not interested in your or anybodies view on Arrivabene..

Having said that; I think Arrivabene is the right 'familyman' for Ferrari at this moment.. for what I have seen so far, I really like the guy.
Been on this website long enough to know that the general chat section is not a strictly technical section.
There are picture threads, caption threads, politics threads, team threads, viewership threads... the list goes on and on. I should not need to explain this though.

People seem interested enough to come and post in the thread when there are thousands of other threads to choose from... no one forced them to go into a thread that they don't care about.

I wish the mods would just clean up this thread... or even better yet, just delete it. To hell with Arrivabene threads with people's opinion of him in them...

Richard
Richard

PlatinumZealot wrote:A bit too suspicious I'd say.. I am not sure how other people view him though.. so I want to see if it is just me.
Criticizing someone for they way they hug teammates?

It's just you. Seems like a case of fanboy-itis

Game over.