"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Emmcee

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

If where talking about worst driver/s you can't go past Chanock Nissany,Take Inoue and Yuji Ide.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Emmcee wrote:Chanock Nissany
"Guys, I'm coming in, I'm having have too much grip!" :lol:

Emmcee

ChrisF1 wrote:
Emmcee wrote:Chanock Nissany
"Guys, I'm coming in, I'm having have too much grip!" :lol:

Lmao, how funny was that? And to top it of it was a Minardi, not exactly the fastest.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

One of my all time favourite bits of team radio.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Here's a good read on some of the worst ever F1 drivers, starting with Nissany who didn't even know how to take off his steering wheel.
http://www.wfopenwheel.com/2014/06/13/t ... r-stories/
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

stefan_
stefan_

Meanwhile, Pastor showed me some love on Twitter.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Emmcee

stefan_ wrote:Meanwhile, Pastor showed me some love on Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIhR3riVAAA8q75.jpg:large
What, did his twitter account crash to? Lmao!!!!

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

As F1 has been a bit of a sad place for the past 10 days, lets have a bit of a laugh at Pastors expense. [Sorry Pastor]

Great effort by Maldo today.

natehall
natehall

ChrisF1 wrote:As F1 has been a bit of a sad place for the past 10 days, lets have a bit of a laugh at Pastors expense. [Sorry Pastor]

Great effort by Maldo today.
OK then..

Anyone find a rule Pastor didnt get a penalty for? :lol:

diffuser

I prefer the name Pastor "pinball" Maldonado!

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

natehall wrote:OK then..

He parked his car in the right spot on the start grid (better than Massa)...

Maybe we could get the circuits to put in "Bumpers" for him, like at the bowling alley for 3 year olds, and bumpers around the car, like a "dodgem" car... :oops:

I laughed so hard at his post race comments, "...the Stewarts were certainly very strict today, very tough on driving with me...". No, Pastor, it wasn't personal, they were just applying "the rules" and they haven't changed from last race. :lol:

Federico Gastaldi didn't even mention Pastor in his post race comments and all Alan Permane said was, "Pastor had the potential to also score well today, but unfortunately too many penalties blunted his charge. (i.e. he was undisciplined...)".

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for the post race debrief. Pastor possibly lost Lotus more F1 Constructor's money (with Constructors Points he blew) than he brings in to the team... :wtf:

There needs to be a "3 strike" rule to stop this lunatic! If you get more that 2 penalties, just garage your car and have another go next race...

Moose
Moose

Wayne DR wrote:
natehall wrote:OK then..

He parked his car in the right spot on the start grid (better than Massa)...

I laughed so hard at his post race comments, "...the Stewarts were certainly very strict today, very tough on driving with me...". No, Pastor, it wasn't personal, they were just applying "the rules" and they haven't changed from last race. :lol:

Federico Gastaldi didn't even mention Pastor in his post race comments and all Alan Permane said was, "Pastor had the potential to also score well today, but unfortunately too many penalties blunted his charge. (i.e. he was undisciplined...)".

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for the post race debrief. Pastor possibly lost Lotus more F1 Constructor's money (with Constructors Points he blew) than he brings in to the team... :oops:

There needs to be a "3 strike" rule to stop this lunatic! If you get more that 2 penalties, just garage your car and have another go next race...
As I said in the race thread, I'm somewhat amazed he only got 2 points on his license today.

Every single one of the things he was penalised for actively put someone in danger. To me, he should have acquired enough points to get him a race ban.

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

Moose wrote:As I said in the race thread, I'm somewhat amazed he only got 2 points on his license today.

Every single one of the things he was penalised for actively put someone in danger. To me, he should have acquired enough points to get him a race ban.
Sadly, the only thing that will likely impact Pastor will be Lotus' loss of Constructor's Money at the end of the season. (When they hopefully work out how much they should have received vs what they actually got).

If he continues getting penalties and not scoring points, I would guess his "sponsor" will need to write a MUCH larger cheque to keep his seat!

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Moose wrote:As I said in the race thread, I'm somewhat amazed he only got 2 points on his license today.

Same

Phil

Objectively speaking; Was he that bad today? I admit, I did watch the race, am fully aware that he had a few penalties here and there, but I can't recall enough about the incidents to know to what extend he was the cause of them.

I have always viewed Maldonado as one of the drivers who pushes more than most. And perhaps that is his downfall. Instead of driving with 'the big picture' in his mind, he just pushes like crazy - perhaps overdriving to an extend (which then makes him slower lap time wise) and finds himself in many avoidable situations, where the car is either out of control or on the verge of its limits. If he weren't quick on a good day, I'd be all for him making room for someone else, but I'm not sure Grosjean has shown that he is much better. Perhaps points wise, but performance wise?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter