Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mertol

Re: Ferrari make bid for Bottas

If I were Ferrari, I would aim for Ricciardo. Bottas will be only a slight improvement over Kimi IMO.

Starscreamer

Re: Silly season 2016

What i think:
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
Ferrari - Vettel & Bottas
Williams - Massa & Nasr
Forza India - Perez & Hulkenberg
Redbull - Kvyat & Ricciardo
Lotus - Palmer & Maldonado
Toro Rosso - Verstappen & Sainz
Sauber - Ericsson & Vandoorne
Manor - Stevens & van der Garde
McLaren - Button & Alonso
Haas - Rossi & Gutierrez
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Emmcee

Starscreamer wrote:What i think:
Williams - Massa & Nasr
Haas - Rossi & Gutierrez
Where's grosjean? I think lotus would prefer to keep him over Maldonado. They recently said, even though he brings big dollars to the team, he still has to proove his worth for next year.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

WaikeCU

I don't know where to post this, but...

Hulkenberg has been overperforming the material he has. Still quite incredible to see he hasn't driven for a top tier team like Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari or even Mclaren. I'm just happy for him for winning the 24h of Le Mans with Porsche. A rookie driver who doesn't have experience in WEC steps in the league for the first time and wins the 24h of Le Mans for the first time. Starter for the Porsche #19 and also finishing it off for them in this famous race is how much trust Porsche has in this lad. Not a lot have pulled it off and not a lot have pulled it off on their first start. If Hulkenberg has a share in bringing back LM success for Porsche, how bout he convinces Porsche in setting the goal of dominating in F1 within 2-3 years time and making him the lead driver of the team. Porsche has some great talented drivers in their LMP1 programme. What about a Nico Hulkenberg & Brendon Hartley duo in F1 with Mark Webber as test driver, since he has plenty of experience.

I would be very excited to see it actually happen. It would surely be a boost for Nico Hulkenberg and Porsche.

efuloni
efuloni

Starscreamer wrote: What i think:
Williams - Massa & Nasr
Haas - Rossi & Gutierrez
I think Nasr is on the William's radar for 2017.
Firstly because he needs to prove his worth for more than one season.
Second, he has contract option for 2017.
Third, Hulk is simply a better option for them right now. He is great.
And lastly, I guess its not marketable for Williams having two brazilians as drivers, so they might wait for Massa's retirement. He is doing fine, but I dont see him in Williams in 2017.

zoro_f1

It is better for Valteri to stay at Williams... i don't think that it would be too good for him to be in a same team with Sebastian Vettel.

Just remember what happened to Mark Webber... and Ferrari are also known for playing a team orders so this is not going to be very good place as there is a big chance to be number 2 driver.

At this age (25) for Valteri it is too early to be in a Ferrari team... and for Ferrari it is better to keep Kimi rather to replace him.

Six months ago they said that Vettel/Raikkonen is a dream team and now they want to replace one of them... :roll:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

f1316
f1316

I still think Hulkenburg is actually better, just hasn't had such a competitive car.

r_b_l
r_b_l

Ferrari should not jump into too much speculation too early. Fair enough that Kimi's contract is ending soon & this ties into his drop in form for the past two races.

Being this early into the silly season suggests that it does not look good for Kimi to retain his seat, he needs results!

Emmcee

They should buy out ricciardo if anyone, maybe Redbull would want to much to hold onto him. I know Vettel wouldn't like it but at the end of the day, it's not Vettel who makes the decisions.

evered7
evered7

If they are going to change the drivers lineup, better hurry up or stop speculating for months. Cannot go through another episode like the McLaren lineup announcement of 2014. So much fuss for a car that doesn't even do race distance let alone finish in the points.

Emmcee

evered7 wrote:If they are going to change the drivers lineup, better hurry up or stop speculating for months. Cannot go through another episode like the McLaren lineup announcement of 2014. So much fuss for a car that doesn't even do race distance let alone finish in the points.
Yes very true.

ME4ME

I sincerely hope Hulkenberg gets the Ferrari seat for 2016. His resume is simply outstanding, he has done everything you could ask of him in the machinery he got. Still remember the 2013 Korean GP where he raced the whole race with Alonso right behind, to me that was more impressive than anything Bottas has done. It would be such a shame if he doesn't get it just because he's German :wtf:

WaikeCU

ME4ME wrote:I sincerely hope Hulkenberg gets the Ferrari seat for 2016. His resume is simply outstanding, he has done everything you could ask of him in the machinery he got. Still remember the 2013 Korean GP where he raced the whole race with Alonso right behind, to me that was more impressive than anything Bottas has done. It would be such a shame if he doesn't get it just because he's German :wtf:
I thought Brazil '12 was pretty impressive: Battling for the lead against the Mclarens of Lewis and Jenson in Force India in treacherous conditions. Shame he eventually bottled it by spinning into Lewis while trying to make the overtake stick.

PlatinumZealot

Jolle wrote:My guess is that Ferrari want a steady number two guy, Hulk would fit the bill but the marketing people would question having two germans in the team.
We are talkng about kimi.. What marketing charm does he have? Absolutley zilch.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SilverArrow10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Jolle wrote:My guess is that Ferrari want a steady number two guy, Hulk would fit the bill but the marketing people would question having two germans in the team.
We are talkng about kimi.. What marketing charm does he have? Absolutley zilch.
Loads! everyone seems to love him, the Chinese grand prix looks like it is based in Finland. He will bring tons of money and press into a team.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle