Austria 2015 season test (23.06-25.06)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
r_b_l
r_b_l

Re: Austria 2015 season test (23.06-25.06)

Thanks for your report Italiano!

RB's setup was an interesting note.Testing is always cool, but hard to judge, since each team is completing their own testing program.

evered7
evered7

Italiano wrote:
Sauber: Only thing I could gather is that the customer Ferrari engine is not factory team spec. A bhp or two down.

Sorry for the long amateur post, but this is what I took from all of this. Great experience though, especially for such a low price. ;)
Ferrari are using the upgraded engine from Canadian GP onwards. While Sauber have yet to get those in their cars. Might be the reason why you felt Sauber was not as powerful as the Ferrari.

Great post about the cars and feels good to get a first hand review from a fellow user of the site. Think you had a good time at the tests :) Might have actually gotten to see the cars running a lot more than in the races :lol:

Vasconia

Very intersesting review of the test. Even if its an amateur review you have been very precise with your opinions and impressons about the cars. =D>

Italiano
Italiano

Thanks guys, tried my best. I wish I could go into more detail, but truth be told apart from Mclaren and obviously Manor, it's very hard to distinguish between different car behaviours. At a stroke you just think how the hell can Merc be so much faster, since all of them shout and blast through corners.

Which btw for a first timer was jaw dropping. As I said, the best I've seen so far are hillclimb cars, but this is just alien like. At 100m Nico stamped the brakes, with one move hit the apex and with the other hit the exit. All whilst carrying amazing speed and feathering the throttle.

Oh and if anyone was there on Wednesday, I was the one that shouted and waved at Bottas when he came to the pitwall after we returned to the grandstands. :lol:
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Italiano
Italiano

This for example was normal for the Mchonda. A lot worse could be heard that day. :roll:

Italiano
Italiano

evered7 wrote: Great post about the cars and feels good to get a first hand review from a fellow user of the site. Think you had a good time at the tests :) Might have actually gotten to see the cars running a lot more than in the races :lol:
I sure did, from 9 to 4 pm, with the pitwalk. For 35€ you get to see as much if not more than in the race. Cheapest way to see F1 I reckon. I'd recommend this to everyone that wants a taste if F1. ;)