Which brands or teams would you like to see in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Skippon
Skippon

Re: what new teams would you like to see in F1?

Even Mercedes being the most dominant car in F1 history doesn't seem to be collecting all that value in return. Plus, one just have to look at all the big name companies that abandoned F1 completely and probably won't ever return to see that the future is not the brightest... Let alone for any newcomer.

Mercedes car sales are up 25% globally year on year - given the current economic climate - I'd bet they attribute part of that to their F1 success!

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Skippon
Skippon

25% was from memory and is indeed wrong - actually quoting from Dr Z in July - and I did say may part attribute btw

Unser EBIT aus dem laufenden Geschäft ist um 54 Prozent höher als im Vorjahresquartal.

SoCalWJS
SoCalWJS

Skippon wrote:Even Mercedes being the most dominant car in F1 history doesn't seem to be collecting all that value in return. Plus, one just have to look at all the big name companies that abandoned F1 completely and probably won't ever return to see that the future is not the brightest... Let alone for any newcomer.

Mercedes car sales are up 25% globally year on year - given the current economic climate - I'd bet they attribute part of that to their F1 success!
Really?

I don't follow F1 that close, but I'm pretty sure RB was far more dominant just a couple of years ago, and further back, other teams have dominated as well.

Could be wrong....

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

SoCalWJS wrote:
Skippon wrote:Even Mercedes being the most dominant car in F1 history doesn't seem to be collecting all that value in return. Plus, one just have to look at all the big name companies that abandoned F1 completely and probably won't ever return to see that the future is not the brightest... Let alone for any newcomer.

Really?

I don't follow F1 that close, but I'm pretty sure RB was far more dominant just a couple of years ago, and further back, other teams have dominated as well.

Could be wrong....
I will confirm your suspicion and tell you that you are absolutely wrong.

Mercedes has actually been far more dominant than RB was throughout their 4 championship run. Just look at the number of non merc wins this year and last year...then compare that to non RB wins 2010 to 2013.

Its no wonder the sport has become even less entertaining. If vettels win streak was bad...this is doubley bad.

zeph
zeph

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

John192
John192

SimRacer wrote:
SoCalWJS wrote: Really?

Could be wrong....
Just so you know, there's never been a more dominant machinery in F1 than these last two Mercedes cars. And by a long shot. Ever. Period. A monkey would take the championship on those. :)
There have been cars just as dominant if not more so such as (1988) Mclaren MP4-4 won 15 out of 16 and was often much faster than the competition and (2002) Ferrari F2002 won 15 out of 17 and accumulated more points than all other teams combined.

So if a monkey could win in the Merc as its so dominant are you calling Senna and Schumacher monkeys since they won in a dominant car?

coaster

I'll just side step back to the topic for a new team,
I'd like to see another brawn type underdog winning with a brilliant designer at the helm, much like teams in the 60's.

SimRacer
SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

SectorOne

Did i just read this?
Let´s say i did. What about the Williams rockets ships?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

NathanOlder

SimRacer wrote:
You fallacy regarding Senna and Schumacher and their respective cars is so basic and childish that I almost decided not to reply.

The 1988 and 2002 results were nothing but a combination of a very good car and the highest level of driving on the driver's side of things, and not the car being almost on a different formula like W05 and W06 Mercs were/are.

If not for Senna, Prost and Schumacher stellar driving those cars, as good as they were, would never have been so successful. A very different story from the current Mercs where you can put any driver there and expect the exact same result which is a very easy win.

There is no way you're honestly trying to compare the Mercs with the early 2000 Ferraris or the 1988 Macca as that would be completely nonsense.

So yeah, you put a monkey and a donkey on those two Mercs and they will clear up the field every single time unless some part fails.

The 88 Mclaren was way better than the rest of the field thats a Fact. It had the best 2 drivera but Senna and Prost would not have wont the championship that year driving a Ferrari. Same goes for Schumacher in 2002, he wouldn't have won the championship driving a lesser car. Id say that is the same for over 90% of all seasons in F1. So the 88 mclaren, the 92 williams, 2002 Ferrari, 09 Brawn and the recend Mercs have all been dominant. And I feel only a few drivers would have beaten Rosberg last year in the Merc, Lewis, Seb, Fernando and thats about it.

So I'd say last years Mercedes team is easily comparable to the 88 Mclaren and 2002 Ferrari teams.

On the topic of the thread, Id love to see a few new teams from other countries, Russia maybe and an all Japanese team. Love to see an Australian effort under the Brabham name. I also feel the FIA should find a way to finance a team at a customer level like HAAS is doing. And it will guarantee a seat for 2 years for the GP2 champion. So next year would see Palmer in his 2nd year with Vandoorne in his 1st year. Unless either of the drivers are picked up by a different team, then the seat is offered to the next highest finisher in GP2.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC