Bernie finally quitting!?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: Bernie finally quitting!?

I am having a hard time seeing what the problem is with Bernie being essentially a 'dictator'. A democracy sounds nice, but it rarely gets results in this context - especially not when there are different interests at play, like there is in F1. Teams just veto or vote against anything that is not in their direct interest. Okay, so we might not like some of the decisions or then when we feel our beloved sport is being sold off....
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

The problem is that Bernie shouldn't be involved at all. Thanks to a back room deal between him and Max Mosley, Bernie has more power than the FIA. The FIA should run F1. That's it, just the FIA.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

wesley123
wesley123

Moxie wrote: There is clearly a vast gap between the way you and I see the world. It is not my desire to insult you or be rude towards you, but since we have such a different understanding of what is important, it is likely that you will be insulted by what I am about to say.
I'm not sure why I would be? You've got your opinion and I got mine, we still all got a freedom of speech and this allows us to think differently.
Suffering populations are more important than fancy racecars. If you can't see that, then shame on you.
Why would that be? Sure, it is a politically correct thing to say that it is, but why is it?
You have helped me decide that I do not have the time and energy to take on a new political challenge. [...] F1 was my relaxation, now it is just a source of guilt. I guess I'll just focus more on IMSA.
And that is something that you can feel, I'm certain we all have from time to time.

However, together with that feeling and opinion, fueling it is a counter-productive move. If you don't like it(or maybe better said, despise it), then what is the value in spending time on it? There is literally nothing to gain for it, because to those involved in it, your opinion doesn't matter as you have no interest in the business, and for yourself it neither will gain anything other than the frustration of something you most likely cannot change, and even if you could, you wouldn't receive the (proper) acknowledgement for it.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender