The Ultimate F1 Racing Simulator

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tomas6791
tomas6791

The Ultimate F1 Racing Simulator

From the article:
This cool-looking contraption may seem like a Formula 1 car with some monitors on top of it, but it’s actually a full-size, high-end F1 Style Show car that sports some serious simulation equipment – or so that’s what its sellers says.

Photos and article - The Ultimate F1 Racing Simulator

mertol

Re: The Ultimate F1 Racing Simulator

I have such 3 screen setup in my room and it was less than 2k. I don't have the formula car but who would want that in his house. You could get a real single seater for so much money :D.

Facts Only
Facts Only

I love gaming as well as motorsport and I just cant get my head around why anyone would spend more on a simulator than it costs to buy a car and actually go racing.

I do go racing and have tried a couple of high spec simulators and its no comparison at all. What makes me laugh about that picture is that they have the "full F1 car" but he's not even wearing a helmet!
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

mertol

He is also running codemaster's crappy game but that's just for advertising you could install anything you want probably. Including a helmet.

tomislavp4

What a waste of money. You can buy simulators with g-force simulation for less. They should at least put some screens behind the thing. That way you'll actually be seeing parts of it in the mirrors while gaming. As it is on the picture, you won't be seeing much of the car, except wile getting in and out of it.