A paper on old KERS from electric M/G perspective

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Jashko
Jashko

A paper on old KERS from electric M/G perspective

Hey guys,

I graduated electrical power engineering three years ago, and my final graduation paper was on old KERS system. I investigated which electric motor application would suit the specific drive requirements.

Because I am from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina the paper is, of course, in my native language.

Now I wanted to translate it, and maybe post it somewhere, maybe here as well, so all of us techies could read if they want.

This thread is just to see if there is anyone interested, as the paper is 40+ pages so it would be quite a work to translate it.

Best wishes to you all!

Fedja

Pierce89

Re: A paper on old KERS from electric M/G perspective

If translated to English, I'm sure you'll find plenty of readers at F1T.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Jashko
Jashko

I think you are right. I will give it a go, it's quite technical, as I was investigating which motor was the best for that application.

I investigated switch reluctance motors, permanent magnet motors (three different types of magnets mounting), and the ways of controlling the motors..

Thank you for the reply Pierce89.

Cheers!

Jashko
Jashko

Guys, just a quick update, currently I've translated 50% of the paper. I assume that it will be done in 10 days max...currently juggling work, table tennis training (I'm a semi-pro 5-6 times a week), language course(spanish), and the translation process :)

35 days to pre-season testing.

kalinka
kalinka

To brate ! :) ( just a language insider's greeting )

Seriously : Thanks you for this. As I'm working also in similar industry ( motor control R&D ), I'm curious about your paper and findings.
BTW My mother tongue is hungarian, but I speak serbian really well, so just wanted to encourage you to do this :)

F1NAC

Hi neighbour. Looking forward to read your work. I'm from Croatia, keep going! :)

Jashko
Jashko

kalinka wrote:To brate ! :) ( just a language insider's greeting )

Seriously : Thanks you for this. As I'm working also in similar industry ( motor control R&D ), I'm curious about your paper and findings.
BTW My mother tongue is hungarian, but I speak serbian really well, so just wanted to encourage you to do this :)
@kalinka, @F1NAC Kako je lijepo procitat nesto na jeziku koji razumijes!:) Kao kad u bijelom svijetu nadjes prijatelja! Hvala vam na ohrabrenju! I was working for MOL subsidiary in Bosnia (INA/Energopetrol) so I know to say hello - Csia!!Also i visited Szazhalombatta (probably didn't spell it correctly) refinery 6 times last year:D

@F1NAC cak sam upoznao jednu djevojku iz Pazina - Sanju, imaju restoran u Pazinu, upoznao sam je ovdje u Sarajevu prije 3 godine...svijet je bas mali!

Back to my work, unfortunately I caught some stomach virus so I was not able to work on the paper for five days, so I will probably delay it a little bit. None the less, I have to say thanks to both for the encouragement.