Airbox intake cameras on F1 cars

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cmF1

Airbox intake cameras on F1 cars

Please forgive me as this is my first post and I'm really unsure where to post this. But here goes...

For years the onboard cameras on the top of the air box intake have really annoyed me. When they are broadcast, they are clearly off centre to the the drivers head slightly. Does anyone know why this is and why they cannot be placed within the housing directly to the centreline of the car?

Charlie x
プラスとマイナス

Tim.Wright

Re: Airbox intake cameras on F1 cars

I can't answer why but I can tell you they used to be centered - about 20 years ago:

Not the engineer at Force India

cmF1

Hahaha thank you!! So at least it's proven it is possible! Stupid FOM with their 'reasons'.
プラスとマイナス

AnthonyG

One day they'll put a camera next to it and you'll be watching F1 in 3D.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

cmF1

AnthonyG wrote:One day they'll put a camera next to it and you'll be watching F1 in 3D.
We will be dead by the time they do that!!
プラスとマイナス

nevill3

Sky UK did a trial broadcast in 3D two years ago at one of the winter tests, the second one I think, they even had a technical piece to camera explaining how the 3D cameras worked.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978