Help for my for Research Project.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Electricfat

Help for my for Research Project.

Hey guys !,

I am a 17 year old who is just about to go into year 12 (Senior Year) in Australia and one of the aspects about senior year is to do a research project of my own. The area in research of which I have decided to conduct is in the Engineering of an F1 car. More specifically I have decided to talk about and explain K.E.R.S, D.R.S, the 2014 engine, Engineering Connections as well as safety. Now I understand on this forum this stuff is pretty pedestrian but even I was trying to explain this to my teacher last year before we broke off for summer holidays she was like "I don't understand this, I can't help you" which is great ? So it needs to be relatively simple and I think I have kept it that way. One of the things we need to do for this some kind of qualitative source which is essentially an interview of some sort. I don't know what kind of questions to ask considering most of questions can be answered fairly easily with a bit of googling. But I must have an interview so I have prepared some easy pedestrian questions for you guys and would greatly appreciate it if you could answer it for me.

1. Where were the motors for KERS stored ? How many motors are there ?
2. To which wheels does KERS go to when it is engaged ?
3. Is KERS still used in F1 in 2016 ?
4. In the 2014 season the regulations changed that only 100kg of fuel could be used per race, what was the amount allowed in the 2013 season ?
5.Do you believe that F1 is more entertaining with the introduction of the 1.6L Turbo V6 or was it more entertaining with the higher displacement engines ?

Again, if you have time please help me out by answering these with small paragraphs if you could. I have found that Engineering Explained on YouTube has been of great help to me. Are there another places where there are explanations like he does ?

Thankyou, Electricfat