New qualifying format...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dazed1
Dazed1

Re: New qualifying format...

Brilliant! What an amazing idea! Wonder what made them think of that? (Peckerheads!)
Last edited by Dazed1 on 08 Apr 2016, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

Sevach
Sevach

I'm glad the FIA lost this game of chicken.

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:So i guess it's kind of officially looked at....

http://www.fia.com/news/fia-and-fom-sta ... um=twitter
At the unanimous request of the teams in a letter received today, Jean Todt, President of the FIA, and Bernie Ecclestone, commercial rights holder representative, accepted, in the interests of the Championship, to submit a proposal to the F1 Commission and World Motor Sport Council to revert to the qualifying format in force in 2015.

This proposal, if approved by the F1 governing bodies, will take effect as from the Chinese Grand Prix and will apply for the rest of the season.

Jean Todt and Bernie Ecclestone welcomed the idea put forward by the teams to have a global assessment of the format of the weekend for 2017.
Well, common sense is back! now lets pray it will stay more time to change other things too.

Tauri_J
Tauri_J

F1 considering Saturday race for 2017

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3378 ... -for-2017/
Ecclestone has now stated that a race could replace Saturday's qualifying session.

"We've been looking; basically more the qualifying than anything," Ecclestone told Sky Sports.

"Maybe having a race on the Saturday which would count instead of qualifying, for example.
Seriously I'm done if they just erase qualifying :wtf:

Neno
Neno

Old men yells at cloud. Just retire you senile fool.

danielk
danielk

This just in.

Following on from his failed 2016 quali plans, Bernie announces new quali format as part of major shakeup of f1 in 2017!

-

Javert

Perfect format:

P1 as today
P2 with final standings counting as Q standings

P3 replaced with a 10 lap race done on the softer (of the 3) tyre, no pit stops, with the grid starting as P2 standings say
Winner takes 2 points, and second place 1 point

Q1/Q2/Q3 replaced with a 10 lap race done on the harder (of the 3) tyre, with the grid starting as the previous race say
Winner takes 5 points, second place 3 points, third place 2 points, fourth place 1 point

Official race starting on the used (hard) tires from the previous mini-race, points as today (25, 18, 15, 12 ...)
One could replace tires before race, but starting from the bottom.

Free set-up changes between the two mini-races and the race :mrgreen:
Bernie would be proud of my idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

George-Jung
George-Jung

Easier..

One hour qualy, it's mandatory that everybody is a xx% of that time on track and every xx minutes the 5 slowest get knocked out.

Everybody get the same amount of special qualy tyres available plus 1 set for each knockout-fase you survive, this will guarantee action on the track.

pob

^Except when it rains midsession, then everyone is just sat watching meaningless driving round just to satisfy the xx% criteria. Avoiding this is one of the main benefits of resetting the times with the Q1/2/3 system.

George-Jung
George-Jung

pob wrote:^Except when it rains midsession, then everyone is just sat watching meaningless driving round just to satisfy the xx% criteria. Avoiding this is one of the main benefits of resetting the times with the Q1/2/3 system.
Thats true..

Tim.Wright

I personally think the grid should be determined with a knockout beer pong tournament on sunday morning. This effectively puts the drunkest guy on P1. What could possibly go wrong?
Not the engineer at Force India

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Tim.Wright wrote:I personally think the grid should be determined with a knockout beer pong tournament on sunday morning. This effectively puts the drunkest guy on P1. What could possibly go wrong?
I think someone should collate all the suggestions in this thread and send them to the FIA, with Tim's suggestion above listed first. It is my firm belief that they will all be equally considered.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

Good, with FIA you never know until the last moment :lol:

Shrieker

So can we now change the title to old qualifying format :mrgreen: (good riddance)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk