Ugliest F1 liveries

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
noel

Re: Ugliest F1 liveries

Morteza wrote:I detest the livery on this car

I pity the fool.

Last edited by noel on 08 Mar 2016, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
44 | 22 | 14

Starscreamer

More the disapointment of the livery ;)
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

adrianjordan

turbof1 wrote:
Gaz. wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Seriously I get a -1 for sharing my opinion... This is getting ridiculous. I want my downvote back! :x
PM a mod/report your post. I just did the same because someone who should know better treated as if it were a like/dislike button.
Already took care of it. Once I am able to disable voting, the upvotes will be removed as well. It is certainly not the intend to use the voting system as a like/dislike. Certainly not for a subjective topic like ugly liveries. Mind, I find this a very nice topic. It speaks for itself respect has to be shown for your fellow member's opinion, even if it does not stroke with your own.
Has any thought ever been given to a like/dislike button? I know it doesn't really fit with the technical ethos of this site, but it would seem that more and more threads like this one are popping up and I think something like that might not be the worst thing...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Starscreamer wrote:http://adn.gpupdate.net/news/279903.jpg
More the disapointment of the livery ;)
I know!! At least with the Renault we're promised a new livery for the start of the season. At the very least McLaren could have included more red like they did last year....

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

proteus

Reminding me of a cheap Zakspeed ripoff:

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

adrianjordan wrote:I know!! At least with the Renault we're promised a new livery for the start of the season. At the very least McLaren could have included more red like they did last year....
I think Renault said something like "it might be a little different". Ron Dennis said the same thing at/after the launch of last year's McLaren. I think it's code for "we're hoping to attract some more sponsors". So I wouldn't get your hopes up that there will be any large-scale change, if any at all.

adrianjordan

I thought Renault had out and out said this was just a testing livery..??

DiogoBrand

proteus wrote:Reminding me of a cheap Zakspeed ripoff:
Everything about Ferrari's paintjob is disappointing. That logo they've been using on the engine cover over the last few years is really ugly, and now they've been able to match that with an equally ugly livery. I wish they'd bring back the all-red cars from around 2007, or even the red with white wings from the early 2000's, but this Red/Black/White is never gonna be a real Ferrari Livery.
On the bright side, at least their car seems like a great evolution from last season.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Ugliest livery ever for an Alfa Romeo...

Source : Formulapassion.it

The Renault livery was a test livery indeed. The final one should be way better !

zac510
zac510

Facts Only wrote:I hated the 'West' Mclarens all looked bloody awful, drab grey mush. Like a crash between an Audi car transporter and a scrap metal van.

Controversial, probably.
I agree it looks a bit drab now but I remember when it came out it was quite bold; there had been nothing like it in F1 until then. Previously liveries had just been combinations of solid colours, but this new McLaren had gradients and details! I think it deserves respect in that way.
bhall II wrote:
...and by a pretty wide margin, too.
I didn't think this one was too bad, but it was definitely muddied by having a cheesy dreams philosophy and being a poor performing car. It's a nice change to have minimal sponsor stickers. Bolder than the boring and conservative Toyota liveries of the same era. I want to like it for that but without having to buy into the dreams marketing philosophy.
No good turn goes unpunished.

Belatti
Belatti

Do we need some of these?

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Belatti
Belatti

This was waaaay ugly

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

stefan_
stefan_

Image4

I always hated that camel-yellow and combined with that shade of green, the result is horrendous.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Carbon
Carbon

As crazy, ugly, controversial or bizarre as these schemes were in their hay-day, at least they're imaginative, different and memorable - a far cry from what we have on today's grid, which to me, is some variation of drab, boring and non-inventive.

But that's just one geezer's $0.02. Bring back the Samson Lion and the fancy graphics!

FrukostScones

Carbon wrote:As crazy, ugly, controversial or bizarre as these schemes were in their hay-day, at least they're imaginative, different and memorable - a far cry from what we have on today's grid, which to me, is some variation of drab, boring and non-inventive.

But that's just one geezer's $0.02. Bring back the Samson Lion and the fancy graphics!
8)

anyone rembers this (generell) monstrosity:

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.