When will ALO leave McLaren?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

When will ALO leave McLaren?

Poll ended at 17 Mar 2016, 23:07

Right after GP of Australia
2%
after GP of Spain
No votes
after the GP of Canada
2%
after the GP of Hungary/Germany/Spa when "rogue" PU iteration didn't work out well
3%
after the 2016 F1 season
33%
after 2017 testing
4%
after 2017 GP of Australia
1%
ALO will fullfil his contract till the end of 2017 at McLaren
56%

Total votes: 124

ojlopez
ojlopez

Re: When will ALO leave McLaren?

Take that Herbert!

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:Jep, that was pretty cool. :mrgreen:
and well deserved haha.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

zeph
zeph

Mesteño wrote:I think this might answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCLWhr4Dvoc
While I think Herbert's hatchet job was a real piece of garbage journalism and I understand Alonso's reaction, I find this not very classy. Funny, yes, classy, no.

And I say this as an Alonso fan.

Andres125sx

Agree, asking a driver who is in the paddock instead of the car because of a broken rib if he´s retiring is far from classy :wink:

zeph
zeph

For someone of Alonso's eminence, I find Herbert's lack of class insufficient reason to retaliate in a similar manner.
That was a cheap shot, and Alonso should be bigger than that.

Or in the words of Mark Twain:

"Never argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Cannonballer
Cannonballer

Since he said it to Herbert's face, I have a hard time faulting with Alonso here. It definitely was not classy, but it wasn't classless either. I think everyone has a right to call out trolls.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

Andres125sx

They´re drivers, not politicians. Johnny too, but only because of his age he should have been a lot more respectful with a driver who was on a dificult situation (watching a race from the wall).

Add to that Herbert works for a TV, and I really can´t find a single reason to comply about Alonso, but several to complain about Herbert. Alonso is not paid to talk to people, but Herbert is

Alonso could have replied on a better way, sure. But he´s a driver, and he was angry because of not being into the car. Johnny should know this as the former F1 driver he is, but he didn´t respect Alonso and got what he deserved

CBeck113
CBeck113

zeph wrote:For someone of Alonso's eminence, I find Herbert's lack of class insufficient reason to retaliate in a similar manner.
That was a cheap shot, and Alonso should be bigger than that.

Or in the words of Mark Twain:

"Never argue with stupid people. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
You're confusing "class" with "vagina" - a vagina would not say anything, an intelligent person is capable of handling a discussion with anyone. :mrgreen:
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Vasconia

Cannonballer wrote:Since he said it to Herbert's face, I have a hard time faulting with Alonso here. It definitely was not classy, but it wasn't classless either. I think everyone has a right to call out trolls.
Yes, they always say "dont react on the same way" and I agree, but sometimes people deserve a "punch in the face".