Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vasconia

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

ClarkBT11 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:
FW17 wrote:Renault to go blue next year with the signing of 2 Spanish sponsors

Maybe Sainz could still shift
Source?
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/04/ ... -for-2017/
Its not official but interesting. I would love to see Perez and Sainz in the same team so it would be a pity if this doesnt happen because Telmex and Movistar are direct competence.

Scuderia1967

Vasconia wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:Dani is clearly out and it seems his temperament is not at all desirable for the F1 brand. That seemed pretty obvious to me with the way he dealt with his collisions earlier this season.

Just thinking way, way ahead here at a Ham end game. I don't believe RB is what he wants. How about riding out the wave at Merc and with perfect timing heading back home to Ron/McLaren/Honda for a dream like swansong into history.....................................................(subtle coughs.....................finish the Senna dream................... :wink: ).
Wasn't Senna's plan/dream to once drive/finish his career at Ferrari?
Senna´s dream was to have the best car, and because of this he signed with Williams. As far I as know he said no to Ferrari more than once.
Not true. In fact, he signed a contract with Ferrari when Cesare Fiorio was the team's manager. The deal went off when, in typical Ferrari fashion, Fiorio was sacked

Jolle
Jolle

Scuderia1967 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Wasn't Senna's plan/dream to once drive/finish his career at Ferrari?
Senna´s dream was to have the best car, and because of this he signed with Williams. As far I as know he said no to Ferrari more than once.
Not true. In fact, he signed a contract with Ferrari when Cesare Fiorio was the team's manager. The deal went off when, in typical Ferrari fashion, Fiorio was sacked
Not a combination of best sources:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... emolo.html

flickerf1
flickerf1

ClarkBT11 wrote:
flickerf1 wrote:
FW17 wrote:Renault to go blue next year with the signing of 2 Spanish sponsors

Maybe Sainz could still shift
Source?
http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/08/04/ ... -for-2017/
Thanks!
The Wicked + The Divine.

Scuderia1967

Jolle wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Not a combination of best sources:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... emolo.html
I wasn't talking about that. The deal with Fiorio took place in 1991

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Article about Rossi turning down the Manor seat for the rest of 2016 to focus on Indycar. So Manor are shopping around. I wonder if Haryanto will be replaced, or if they're just investigating possibilities.

http://en.f1i.com/news/67182-rossi-turn ... -2016.html

Scuderia1967

ChrisDanger wrote:Article about Rossi turning down the Manor seat for the rest of 2016 to focus on Indycar. So Manor are shopping around. I wonder if Haryanto will be replaced, or if they're just investigating possibilities.

http://en.f1i.com/news/67182-rossi-turn ... -2016.html
Seeing that Haryanto has yet to find the millions needed to secure his seat for the rest of the season, I say he will be replaced very soon

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125593

scuderiafan

More interestingly, Rossi has been approached by another team other than Manor for an F1 drive. He reports that he has options for IndyCar and Formula One in 2017.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Jolle
Jolle

scuderiafan wrote:More interestingly, Rossi has been approached by another team other than Manor for an F1 drive. He reports that he has options for IndyCar and Formula One in 2017.
A year of Haas and then possibly Ferrari?
Should please Ferrari-USA (or with a nice Chrysler logo instead of the Alfa-Romeo badge)

scuderiafan

Jolle wrote:
scuderiafan wrote:More interestingly, Rossi has been approached by another team other than Manor for an F1 drive. He reports that he has options for IndyCar and Formula One in 2017.
A year of Haas and then possibly Ferrari?
Should please Ferrari-USA (or with a nice Chrysler logo instead of the Alfa-Romeo badge)
Quite low odds I would think, unless Marchionne barges through the stable doors at the Scuderia to make it happen.

I'd be happy to see him in Formula One period. He most certainly has the talent to compete in the more prestigious of racing series.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

really? im sorry but is anybody today who can turn a wheel and overtake in an open wheeler 'competent' and 'a talent'?
I havent seen Rossi do stuff that one would say 'hes talented enough for f1'. dont get me wrong, i think there are and have been a bunch of drivers
that ended in f1 despite not having the talent to 'earn' a seat in the highest motorsport formula. but as much as they didnt belong in f1, rossi imho
doesnt belong there either. i think the biggest 'hype' around him is his nationality and nothing more.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Racer X

If Movistar pay more money to Renault Perez won't go that's for sure Telmex won't allow Perez to have rival branding. How ever it also depends how much you want Perez . I don't know if they end up with Perez but Movistar is one more reason why Perez won't go to Renault.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

scuderiafan

Manoah2u wrote:really? im sorry but is anybody today who can turn a wheel and overtake in an open wheeler 'competent' and 'a talent'?
I havent seen Rossi do stuff that one would say 'hes talented enough for f1'. dont get me wrong, i think there are and have been a bunch of drivers
that ended in f1 despite not having the talent to 'earn' a seat in the highest motorsport formula. but as much as they didnt belong in f1, rossi imho
doesnt belong there either. i think the biggest 'hype' around him is his nationality and nothing more.
He jumped into the Manor last year and beat his teammate (who had been racing in the same exact care for a full year) and soundly beat him in virtually every session. He's gone up against and beaten the best of the best in top series across Europe and is more than a match for the current crop of IndyCar drivers. He's proven that he can do it, and given the car, he will. Sure, he may not be the next Alonso, he may not light the F1 world on fire, but he's more than deserving of the opportunity.

Patiently waiting...

OneAlex

As Perez is probably the key mover in this year's driver market, I wonder what you all think of his Sky F1 report card:
When it's all about putting the car on the ragged edge, Hulk is a bit better at doing that then Sergio, but Hulk just doesn't seems to have got his head around the Pirellis whereas Sergio is superb at it.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32420/ ... erm-report

Before Kimi re-signed a lot of people were saying Sergio to Ferrari, and obviously now the talk is possibly Renault or Williams, but if a lot of Perez's skill is in working the tyres, could it be that some teams are thinking ahead to the 2017 tyres and wondering if his skill at reading the tyres will be of help, or if the new tyres will render it less relevant?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Perez is bankable, thats his biggest strenght. Carlos Slim, remember that. He can be a tire disaster and still be relevant.
Apart from that, Perez strenght is not just tires, its a result of him maturing as a driver. He drove great in the Mclaren when
he replaced Lewis Hamilton. He deserved being there and deserved staying there. He got critisized for doing exactly the
overtaking and daring stuff Verstappen does now, and Max is hailed, and Sergio was ousted for it, and why? because he
'dared' to touch the toes of grumpy Kimi Raikkonen, then somehow still regarded as a finnish f1 god, but today seen as
overdone and not achieving and suddenly all his flaws pop up from the past and he isnt that great.
Perez got deeply screwed over by Mclaren due to a huge c*ckup which somehow saw Mclaren oblidged to put K-Mag in
one of the Mclarens. Perez got the short straw, and to this day i havent forgotten that little dirt thing on Sergio by Mclaren.
Its too bad to see Mclaren is in such a extreme low. Perez staying would have not changed that though, so im actually glad
he is at Force India in the past years.
Point is, i would have loved seeing Perez in a decent Mclaren alongside button and showing them his worth, as i truly believe
he has great potential, and he has amazing speed. He and Kobayashi were outstanding at Sauber back then, and its great to
see he gave Alonso a run for his money in the Ferrari, too bad he wasnt allowed to attack him, for he would without a doubt
have gotten that done too.

Perez deserves a good seat, but i dont know which one would be a good seat. I think FI is good enough right now, as Renault
imho is a step backwards, though they stated they are going to pump in a lot more money to make thigns happen, and a good
sponsorship deal from Perez would also give them a good financial boost to 'get things going'. So Renault-looking, Perez would
be a good thing, but one might wonder whether they actually will get there. Williams? similar.
Again, i think Force India, Williams and Renault are all on the same levels of expectancy, and at this point, Force India is showing
the best credentials, so staying is as far as im concerned not just the 'safest' thing, but actually the best thing possibly.
Also, we dont know what Williams and Renault might bring next year, but neither do we about Force India.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"