Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

I'd say both.

Effectively, i think Kubica getting some test as a 'friendly act' got some seriously unexpected results.
Matter of fact, i think a year ago, or 6 months ago, nobody, including kubica were concidering F1 at any point in their lives.
Perhaps some fans, and Kubica thought what fun it would be to see how a modern F1 car would feel like, but thinking hey, it's just for fun,
i mean my arm/his arm/hand was shattered. there's no way, so well, anyway, who will let an opportunity go by to step into an f1 car.

and then, somebody actually read some numbers. and made some calls.

so no, it didn't take 6 1/2 years. but it is 6 1/2 years ago since the accident, and kubica has been working consistantly in recovering as much as he can
for the past 6 1/2 years - because that's his objective, that's his goal. not F1, but recovering. and blimey, he can actually DO F1.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Greg_OR
Greg_OR

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 23:08
So has it taken 6 1/2 years to be ready for this or has it been that long for someone to give him a chance ??
Robert was asked similar question. He had an offer about 3y ago, but he didn't feel ready for a proper comeback.
The objective was always to return to regular racing, and he was working hard to maximize the chances. When Renault came to play (I think somewhere in mid 2016) he doubled the efforts.
So yes it took so long for him to get this level of confidence he has now.
[--- edit ---]
I've just read some quotations from that last interview - he also said he will not drive for super-license, he will drive with green light as one without it, but as he said, its not a problem [in obtaining super-license] and people needlessly ask about it.
Last edited by Greg_OR on 01 Aug 2017, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

reikorp
reikorp

What Robert said today (and what we can read between the lines) is that Renault already knows that he's ready to come back and Hungaroring is less for testing Robert and more about testing the car actually.

The guy is so calm and so confident. You can't fake it. He's coming back and he knows it.

Zynerji

I hope he has Eminem's "Lose Yourself" playing in his earpieces as he buckles in... 8)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think it would better fit with Eminem's "Without me"

"Guess who's back......back Again"
"Now this loos like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, 'cause it feels so empty without me"

:D
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Zynerji

Manoah2u wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 01:18
I think it would better fit with Eminem's "Without me"

"Guess who's back......back Again"
"Now this loos like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, 'cause it feels so empty without me"

:D
I agree, but I think this is more about "Taking his 1 shot" than it is proclaiming that he is "Back". 8)

PlatinumZealot

The hulk vs kubica thread will be epic!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Nah, the complete trashing of the Hulk by Kubica will be epic :P

Zynerji

Kubica and Alonso.

Hulk to McLaren in a trade.

FW17

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

DVB

Classic :D
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

46 is Renault's test number, the same used by Sergey Sirotkin, so it's not exclusive to Kubica.

adrianjordan

ChrisDanger wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 09:57
46 is Renault's test number, the same used by Sergey Sirotkin, so it's not exclusive to Kubica.
Would be quite nice if he decided to use it as a way of celebrating it being on the car when he secured his comeback...assuming he does so which, I for one, very much hope he does!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

reikorp
reikorp

I know we should not look at lap times and stuff... 8)