You know you're watching too much F1 when...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
livinglikethathuh
livinglikethathuh

Got the idea from another forum. What happens in your life for you to think "okay, enough F1 for now" ?

I've got a few examples:

An imaginary race engineer tells you to switch to STRAT mode 1 whenever you're going to drive/ride fast.

You take the wide line and clip every apex when walking.

You think of "Fernando is faster than you" every time someone says X is faster than Y.

Any more?

Sent from my steering wheel

Vasconia

Re: You know you're watching too much F1 when...

When you overtake another car from the outside and you think " my car has some downforce." :D

When it rains but you drive well and you think "those Michelin tyres work properly not like those shitty Pirelli"

When a certain retard slows down with no reason and you think" Charlie, this guy is doing a brake test, punish him!".

livinglikethathuh
livinglikethathuh

#1 Guilty as charged!

Also, shifting imaginary paddle shifters when watching F1 videos and seeing that your timing is perfect every time.

Sent from my steering wheel

914hald

When you are behind slow moving cars, shouting BLUE FLAGS BLUE FLAGS, honestly, what an idiot!!!

Formula Wrong

When you're listening to Bohemian Rhapsody but in the "Opera" Part ("Will you let me go?...") you think of Vettel's "He has to let me go!" in Mexico.
If you no longer go for the space someone always has to leave, you're no longer a racing driver

Shrieker

..you're taking dad home from the airport in wet weather and on an interchange loop he says; "son, why aren't you taking the inside lane to stay away from the barriers on the outside ?"
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

DiogoBrand

You know you're watching too much modern F1 when you drive like grandma so your tyres will last more than 50km.

WaikeCU

- Turning on traction control, rev the car up to 2000rpm and unleashing the clutch when the red light turns green at the junction.

- Swirving when in traffic jam to get heat in the tires.

Paul

...you are stuck behind a police car, unable to overtake, and are convinced it is being driven by Bernd Maylaender,

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

Use the slipstream before overtaking :)
Last edited by k.ko100v on 02 Dec 2016, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

When you dont have too much fuel so you drive so gentle that you feel Button. :D

Glyn
Glyn

When you change down gears when you're really close to the corner, or as you're turning to make yourself feel like Nico Rosberg.

AnthonyG

Often locking up the inside wheel when braking into a corner.

I also have a thing with switching to winter tyres, they're on a separate rims so I only mount them just before the snow is going to fall down. Reminds me of staying out on track when the rainclouds appear. Chosing the right moment to switch...
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

djos

getting annoyed with slow drivers in front of you on twisty roads who clearly dont know the most efficient way around corners is to use the apexes! :D
"In downforce we trust"

Andres125sx

When you start considering the possibility to stay at home watching some free practice instead of going out for some beers with your friends