Bending the rules!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Bending the rules!

Manoah2u wrote:It's funny indeed, that i honestly no kidding at the time was wondering why no F1 team ever 'flushed' the cameras inside the nosecone, with indeed the lens just sticking out. perhaps even having half a mm wide gap around the camera pods and the pods mounted much more inside the cone. I assumed there was a rule for it, untill RB did actually come up with just that.

offcourse the fia was going to act on it. RB surely knew that too. it was always going to end. can't f**k with the FIA.

but i must say, why are those hideous ancient camera pods still mounted like this? just take a look at your general gopro device, it brings much better quality and is much smaller.
A gopro does not fit in those fins, period. Gopro makes great cameras, but form factor has always been its main drawback, they´re not designed to be used on fast vehicles

There are other cameras with similar quality and much better form factor tough, like Mobius, Runcam, etc.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Bending the rules!

i understand, but i'm sure if they're officially licened, they can alter the shape to make it fit better. i mean, the current camera pods in F1 are huge!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"