The problem of the F1 car 2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: The problem of the F1 car 2017

DiogoBrand wrote:http://www.motorsportretro.com/wp-conte ... na-98t.jpg

Look at the massive tyres and wings on this thing. Any little girl would be able to drive it like it was on rails without ever losing traction.
i surely hope that is sarcasm right there.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

DiogoBrand

Manoah2u wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:http://www.motorsportretro.com/wp-conte ... na-98t.jpg

Look at the massive tyres and wings on this thing. Any little girl would be able to drive it like it was on rails without ever losing traction.
i surely hope that is sarcasm right there.
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear. :)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I couldn't imagine it any other way though lol.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

wesley123
wesley123

downforcemax wrote:less downforce
You mean like 2005, 2009 and 2014?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

downforcemax
downforcemax

wesley123 wrote:

no like 1995 les downforce ......or more horsepower
a f1 schould have way more horsepower than downforce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5YU8VTbJSk

no max downforce for easy driving but max power so the driver has to work the car

Ferrari's 043 was putting out 820 hp (611 kW) at 15,800 rpm .......and downforce ? not even 10% of what we have now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV-YjisANM

thats driving a proper car ,,,,,try to control power output by means of skill
not with downforce to the max

krisfx
krisfx

downforcemax wrote:
Facts Only wrote:Yeah, things were always better in the past... Even in the past it wasn't as good as it had been before that.

its not about the past, it about to much downforce and not enough horsepower.
who cares about the past, we need to have a good future

and f1 cars driving on railtracks in not a good future, if f1 car can almost go full throttle, where is the part that you manage a car ? and try to get it as fast as possible in the corners to the straight

so funny you think its about the past......its about the future

getting more grip with aerodynamic solutions and mechanic solutions are easy to get with the new rules and cfd and wind tunnels

but getting more horse power is so hard with the same 2017 rules

F1 cars are underpowered ground effect monsters.......like highspeed maglef trains....

if i see it wrong tell me, what is good about so much downforce
They tried to increase power and reduce downforce in 14 - 16 and the racing was arguably more dull.... The 04 cars were on rails and everyone would love to go back to those!

Vasconia

Mechanical grip and downforce has always been the solution, not aerodinamic downforce. But they keep repeating the same mistakes.

wesley123
wesley123

downforcemax wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
But the 2005, 2009 and 2014 rules were all aimed at reducing downforce. Because that would increase the spectacle.

That now, in 2017, they are reverting from that tells enough, really.
Who says so?

no max downforce for easy driving but max power so the driver has to work the car
Yeah, because driving F1 cars these days is oh-so easy.

These cars have more power than those 90s cars, and at low speeds downforce means very little. You want to know why don't slide very often? Because it is pretty dumb, shreds tires and overall costs time.
Ferrari's 043 was putting out 820 hp (611 kW) at 15,800 rpm .......and downforce ? not even 10% of what we have now
I doubt you have numbers of these years cars, nor from cars of that era, so I'm calling BS

You are implying that drivers these days don't need to control 'power output'? These cars don't have 250bhp, but a lot more.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

downforcemax
downforcemax

wesley123 wrote:
downforcemax wrote:
wesley123 wrote: You mean like 2005, 2009 and 2014?
But the 2005, 2009 and 2014 rules were all aimed at reducing downforce. Because that would increase the spectacle.

That now, in 2017, they are reverting from that tells enough, really.
Who says so?

Yeah, because driving F1 cars these days is oh-so easy.

These cars have more power than those 90s cars, and at low speeds downforce means very little. You want to know why don't slide very often? Because it is pretty dumb, shreds tires and overall costs time.
I doubt you have numbers of these years cars, nor from cars of that era, so I'm calling BS

You are implying that drivers these days don't need to control 'power output'? These cars don't have 250bhp, but a lot more.

its a fact that if you have way more downforce than horse power driving is easyer

the term full trottle (all high speed corners now ) looks very nice but in fact its means youre short of hors power
and those very complex front wings damn ...there bad for the sport ....they are much to agile and responsif to bad airflo from the car in front

its going totally the wrong way.

1990 til 2017 horsepower stays the same and downforce and frontwing complexty rises, wat you get is underpowered maglef trains

you need way more power, or less downforce cars shoud be hard to control because you should have way more horsepower
on youre control then you can use,

the only way drivers can show there skill is in cornering, and when all highspeed corners in 2017 are not corners any more but just max throttle bends on the straights, well you dont need to break eh.......so its much less demanding

Unc1eM0nty

The_table wrote:Are you a visitor from the future?
You don't need to be from the future to predict what's going to happen this year, same as last year but faster, with less pit stops and less overtaking.

The engineers have been telling us this since the 2017 rule changes were first announced.

hollowBallistix
hollowBallistix

Complaining about aerodynamic performance with that username.... #-o

godlameroso

downforcemax wrote:
Facts Only wrote:Yeah, things were always better in the past... Even in the past it wasn't as good as it had been before that.

its not about the past, it about to much downforce and not enough horsepower.
who cares about the past, we need to have a good future

and f1 cars driving on railtracks in not a good future, if f1 car can almost go full throttle, where is the part that you manage a car ? and try to get it as fast as possible in the corners to the straight

so funny you think its about the past......its about the future

getting more grip with aerodynamic solutions and mechanic solutions are easy to get with the new rules and cfd and wind tunnels

but getting more horse power is so hard with the same 2017 rules

F1 cars are underpowered ground effect monsters.......like highspeed maglef trains....

if i see it wrong tell me, what is good about so much downforce
There's still turns, 1 & 2, turn 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15. All turns that must be navigated.
Saishū kōnā

zac510
zac510

downforcemax wrote: if i see it wrong tell me
your wrong

(Well, how can you debate in a thread like this except bring it down to their level?)

downforcemax
downforcemax

zac510 wrote:
downforcemax wrote: if i see it wrong tell me
your wrong

(Well, how can you debate in a thread like this except bring it down to their level?)

tell me how it is then please

zac510
zac510

Well for a start, how will you address the pressure amongst viewing fans to not make the cars slower? If you take off so much downforce that the cars are slower than 2014-16 era, people will complain that GP2 is as fast.