F1 Live London event - 12 July 2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ClarkBT11

F1 Live London event - 12 July 2017

F1 London live

Good exposure for F1 in London, all the drivers made it apart from Hamilton. The crowd weren't impressed he didn't make it, maybe he couldn't take it seeing Nico with the drivers title trophy. Unless he was ill that's abit out of hand. Vettel received a good reception from the British public.

AnotherAlex

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

ClarkBT11 wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 13:45
Unless he was ill that's abit out of hand.
Two-day holiday in Greece #-o http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/4 ... la-1-event

Nice photos, BTW.

Vasconia

ClarkBT11 wrote:
F1 London live
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GAJHxSY.jpg

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GAJM4Vz.jpg

Good exposure for F1 in London, all the drivers made it apart from Hamilton. The crowd weren't impressed he didn't make it, maybe he couldn't take it seeing Nico with the drivers title trophy. Unless he was ill that's abit out of hand. Vettel received a good reception from the British public.
Toto Wolf said he had to take a rest. It sounds strage because all the drivers came. Anyway I am happy to see that the crowd gave a good reception to Vettel. I don´t want to see the fans booing a driver again.

The spectacle was good as far as I know so its a great way to make F1 something spectacular for the fans.

TAG

AnotherAlex wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 15:44
ClarkBT11 wrote:
Two-day holiday in Greece #-o http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/4 ... la-1-event

Nice photos, BTW.
Doesn't look good for Liberty to put up a show and not be able to bring fans the most popular driver on the grid. Nice to see a driver with balls enough not to lie when he decides to do what he likes and not "apologize" for it.

Also heard that Nico was there so Mercedes was represented by two drivers just like every other team, he is after all the reigning world champion!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

AnotherAlex

TAG wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 15:49
Nice to see a driver with balls enough not to lie when he decides to do what he likes and not "apologize" for it.
:lol:

Er, no. I think Lewis (and not Liberty) misjudged this one but I'm sure he'll be OK.

Just_a_fan

AnotherAlex wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 16:28
TAG wrote:
Nice to see a driver with balls enough not to lie when he decides to do what he likes and not "apologize" for it.

Er, no. I think Lewis (and not Liberty) misjudged this one but I'm sure he'll be OK.
He owes them nothing, why is it a misjudgment? It reminds me of Beiber's outburst about fans thinking they owned him just because they bought a record.

To be honest, the London event looks like something put on by Liberty to put pressure on Silverstone. The whole "we'll do a London street race if you mess us about" type thing.

Still it gives a few usual faces the opportunity to have a dig at Hamilton so some should be pleased.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

cplchanb

AnotherAlex wrote:
TAG wrote:

we'll see...im sure the majority of his fans at his home race were not "ok" with the snub. Im expecting a chorus of boos and jeers if he podiums and will be grilled by the media all weekend. Another unneeded distraction

TAG

AnotherAlex wrote:
TAG wrote:

Tomatoes, tomatoes. ...wait, that doesn't work well via text. #-o
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

cplchanb

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 16:49
AnotherAlex wrote:
TAG wrote:

He owes them nothing, why is it a misjudgment? It reminds me of Beiber's outburst about fans thinking they owned him just because they bought a record.

To be honest, the London event looks like something put on by Liberty to put pressure on Silverstone. The whole "we'll do a London street race if you mess us about" type thing.

Still it gives a few usual faces the opportunity to have a dig at Hamilton so some should be pleased.
actually quite the contrary. he may not owe london anything but he is contractually obligated to attend the events that his employers tell him to attend as per his contract. the only reason why mb let him go is because hes a 3xWC and theres noone else to replace him with. If it was a lesser driver they wouldve been benched or heavily disciplined for going against team orders

Wynters

cplchanb wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 16:52
If it was a lesser driver they wouldve been benched or heavily disciplined for going against team orders
F1 history is not exactly replete with people being benched or heavily disciplined for going against team orders.

Btw, why is this in the race thread? A PR event in London has nothing to do with the race in Silverstone. Bearing in mind that discussing the weather for Grand Prix has been punished, as was discussion of the driver press conference specific to a race...
Last edited by Wynters on 13 Jul 2017, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

cplchanb

Wynters wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 17:14
cplchanb wrote:
If it was a lesser driver they wouldve been benched or heavily disciplined for going against team orders
F1 history is not exactly replete with people being benched or heavily disciplined for going against team orders.

Btw, why is this in the race thread? A PR event in London has nothing to do with the race in Silverstone. Bearing in mind that discussing the weather for Grand Prix has been punished, as was discussion of the press conference specific to a race...
well then again its been rare in F1 history where a driver pulled the Ham stunt to begin with. discipline will happen behind closed doors so we'll never know the stats for those unless its publicly released. Benching and switching drivers has been rampant in the early 2000s when there were mulitple seat swaps albeit for performance deficiencies rather than conduct.

Ok lets move on to the race!!

ClarkBT11

AnotherAlex wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 15:44
ClarkBT11 wrote:

Nice photos, BTW.
He probably feels Baku and Austria were chances he missed to win. Technical issues are holding him back like previous years he might need a break to vent his disappointment. The team made a mistake by not taking any wing out in Austria too, so he probably feels they're dropping the ball abit. Still i think he should've​ been in London for the fans he could of fed off the energy from the crowd.

I can't take the glory for the pics I uploaded them from AMUS. :)

Just_a_fan

cplchanb wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:
TAG wrote:

we'll see...im sure the majority of his fans at his home race were not "ok" with the snub. Im expecting a chorus of boos and jeers if he podiums and will be grilled by the media all weekend. Another unneeded distraction
It's not the home race, it's a marketing event for Liberty. It was a free event so no one has any grounds to demand they see anyone in particular. I'd be amazed if anyone outside of London made an effort to go to it anyway.

You're expecting boos or hoping for boos? :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

cplchanb

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 19:05
cplchanb wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:

It's not the home race, it's a marketing event for Liberty. It was a free event so no one has any grounds to demand they see anyone in particular. I'd be amazed if anyone outside of London made an effort to go to it anyway.

You're expecting boos or hoping for boos? :wink:
Well then Ham couldve easily skipped out on those fan event in Malaysia when the circus is in town. those were free to attend as well. I'm sure theres a clause that obliges drivers to attend sponsored events and this is for sure one of them

Im admittedly a ham fan (a rational not rabid one) so wont hope for it but I am expecting

TAG

cplchanb wrote:
he is contractually obligated to attend the events that his employers tell him to attend as per his contract. the only reason why mb let him go is because hes a 3xWC and theres noone else to replace him with.
I'm confused, Mercedes allowed him to skip the event, what are we discussing again?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत