2006 budget predictions?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zelig

2006 budget predictions?

Hello to everybody on the forum - my first post...

last year in April F1 Racing issued a F1 teams budget predictions - this year Croatian edition have started, but still nothing of budget predictions... what about UK edition? or somewhere else?
Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does (mw)

Jason

Toyota is having the biggest budget of estimated 312m GBP. The smallest will be Super Aguri with estimated 85m GBP. Renault is aslo having a small budget of estimated 125m GBP, Ferrari's is around the 200m barier while Mclaren is in the smae position as Ferrari in the 200mils. BMW is spending estimated 205m GBP this season. STR is having estimated 95m GBP this season, RBR's budget is somewhere in the 100mils to 170mils GBP. Toyota is still the biggest spender in the sport so far.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Zelig

312m GBP?! jesus!... thanks, Jason... do You have any link to some article with those figures, or You are an insider ;) ... ?
Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does (mw)

Jason

Go to this site, http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&3475

Note: You need to sign up to see it.

Venom
Venom

Renault is little spender compared to their succcess. It's probably because their drivers are paid like toilet cleaners at Tesco's. And that's why they're gonna suffer next year...
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Jason

Venom wrote:toilet cleaners at Tesco's.
Yeah I think thats why Alonso wants a much more "attractive" sallary at Mclaren. But I say I recomend him to Toyota for a bigger sallary than what Mclaren can offer him heheh 8) . If Alonso moves out of Renault then Heiki smells a seat at Renault, but with Giancarlo Fisichella leading the team?!?!? Hilarious.... :roll:

janus
janus

Giancarlo Fisichella leading the team ope not.... he sucks
Heik for 2º driver maby but 1 drivers i think Mark wheber ...low salary compared to alonso ,shumi,kimi montoya ect and an exelente driver renault boss sayd to renault to continue in f1 the cost must come down so a top drivers whid hight salary is out of the question

tf1
tf1

312mil pounds? GBP?

That figure is quite a bit off. Even including the expenditures for the 2nd windtunnel. I am a bit curious how they got to such a specific figure though.

f1.redbaron

Re: 312mil pounds? GBP?

tf1 wrote:That figure is quite a bit off. Even including the expenditures for the 2nd windtunnel. I am a bit curious how they got to such a specific figure though.
Another Toyota fan? I thought I was the only one :D

Here are the 2 articles on that subject:

Part 1:
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/23053/

Part 2:
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/23113/

btw, April's issue of F1Racing has a more detaled explanation. However it should be pointed out that Howett had written to the magazine telling them that they had over-estimated Toyota's budget.

Frenchblock
Frenchblock

Venom wrote:Renault is little spender compared to their succcess. It's probably because their drivers are paid like toilet cleaners at Tesco's. And that's why they're gonna suffer next year...

well, you said it already in 2003, 2004, 2005 and renault is still alive and kicking a$$!

in 2005 feerari paid big salary, and mclaren for 7 years spend lot on thier pilots! we saw the result in performance term! ha ha

jaslfc
jaslfc

the drivers in renault is paid quite well. Only Toyota Mclaren Honda and Ferrari pay crazy amount for their drivers...

tf1
tf1

Yeah I guess there aren't too many fans. But once they start winning, there will suddenly be a bunch of supporters. :P

The figures estimated in those articles are over by quite a bit. I don't know how accurate any of the other team data is but the Toyota one is certainly not right.

f1.redbaron

tf1 wrote:
The figures estimated in those articles are over by quite a bit. I don't know how accurate any of the other team data is but the Toyota one is certainly not right.
Is this your gut feeling or do you have any inside information.

btw, I believe that they are spending a lot of money, but then again, their budget is not putting a dent on Toyota's profits...besides, their main partner is Panasonic...one of the most profitable companies in Japan today!

m3_lover

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.