British GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

British GP

Lets put Monaco and the Shumy incident behind us for a while.. British GP is here!!

Its going to be very interesting because so many teams are based in the Uk. I know being an open circuit its going to be down to renault and ferrari again but cant wait to see if there is an improvement to mclaren and hopefully williams can come into the picture. 1 suprising statement was button so early said there is no chance for honda.. Sad but true..

dcdabest
dcdabest

It will be interesting to see if the Newey-designed new aerodynamic package on the RedBull elevates the team up a few notches. Coulthard, as ever the pessimist, doesn't seem to think so.

Does anyone know if the RedBull car looked much different to usual at the Barcelona test last week? If so, I wonder if it closely resembles the McLaren, in which case RedBull are still in trouble!
Im thinking of all the li'l starving Africans...

jgredline

Speaking of button. Were is he now 105 grand prix with no wins? :lol:
To finish first, first you must finish.

West
West

I never thought highly of Button but I think the British media are hyping him too much... let alone pressuring him. His car is nowhere near capable of winning a race.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Jason

105 GP starts with no wins hmmmm....., he is praying for rain but I would recomend him doing Rain Dance heheh :mrgreen: . I like this circuit though, I still remember how Monty swept Alonso out of his way in 2005 going into Chapel(if I'm not mistaken). As I knew what was going ot happen, another Alonso vs. Schumi game of chicken down into Stowe...duh! #-o
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

RACKITUP
RACKITUP

If its hot, I'm going for a Renault Win,

If its anything less than overcast, Ferrari will triumph

Given the weather this week...I'm steering towards Renault; however given that I'm a Maccy Fanboy, I hope McLaren win it :P

kimi146
kimi146

i love british gp,hoping for a kimi win
and a pole front row for mclaren wud be a perfect way to start the wins for 2006
WINNER OF 2006-KIMI RAIKONNEN

Ciro Pabón

Interesting circuit, you can overtake. Almost everybody plans to win:

> Schumacher: "We should be able to do well and fight for the win there"

> Montoya: "I hope we can repeat the result from last year when I took my debut victory"

> Raikonnen: "The British Grand Prix is one I really want to win"

> Alonso: "I certainly think we can be fighting for the win"

> Fisichella: "I think we have the performance to win the race this weekend"

> Button: "I don't think we have a chance of winning"

I only hope Button wins... :wink:
Ciro

Tp
Tp

Do remember the Silverstone race in '03? Had to be one of the best races I've ever seen....Barrichello was on fire!!

Tom

Remember '99. Schukys crash were he broke a leg when the brakes failed under red flags. Then Hakkinens wheel fell off just in front of the pits while he was leading? A Coulthard win?

What about 2000. Barrichello and Frenzen I think retired from P1 leaving Mika chasing down Coulthard for the win. I was at Abbey that year and watched DC lap Giancarlo in the Benneton and at that moment the whole grandstand knew that DC would win. I have never felt an aptmosphere like it, 3 laps from the flag everyone, Michael, Mika, David fans all got up and started cheering for the Scot!
Increadable, really because of that great spirit that everyone had seen an epic race and it didn't care whod won reminded me why I love F1 so much.

Sorry to get a bit sentimental there but I would love to go again.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Jason

Jason wrote:Alonso vs. Schumi game of chicken down into Stowe...duh! #-o
I think this is what we are going at Silverstone.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Silverstone is an amazing contrast to Monaco, it's about as opposite as possible. The only similarity I see is that there are very few opportunities to pass, and it takes timing and nerve, and maybe a bit of luck to make it happen. But it's high speed poker, with some incredibly fast and quick sections. Definitely for the speed freak.
Good aero packages are going to make the difference, especially in qualifying. Right now, the Ferrari and Renault are incredibly good packages, it will probably come down to what the weather is at the time, and which tires suits the conditions better. McLaren seem to be very competive, Kimi was definitely in for a win at Monaco until, what I have heard, slow speed overheating issues killed his car. We won't see that at Silverstone, and it's my personal belief McLaren are going to look very good. So many high speed balls-to-the-wall corners should suit Kimi's personality and style, and he should win, finally.

NickT

Some good points Dave, but I think that overtaking at Silverstone is much better than your perception :)
NickT

FLC
FLC

There are atleast 2 good opportunities to pass at Silverstone.

I reckon McLaren wont do so well this weekend. Just like Dave said, Silverstone is much technically similar to Catalunya and McLaren did fairly bad there. At the last tests in Spain their results were pretty much the same, compared to Ferrari and Renault, and I assume they were using some of their new upgrades. Also the engine is now a bigger part of the equation with 70% of the lap on full throttle and the V8 Merc isnt known for its power. I hope they got something up their sleeve cause I would sure love to see them taking some points away from Renault...

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

DaveKillens wrote:Silverstone is an amazing contrast to Monaco, it's about as opposite as possible. The only similarity I see is that there are very few opportunities to pass, and it takes timing and nerve, and maybe a bit of luck to make it happen.
I have to admit, I thought the same.... then 2003 happened.