British GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
LoRdVaMPz

yeah would really like to c more overtaking...wat do u guys think that they can do in order to have more overtaking in every race??

jaslfc
jaslfc

overtaking... increase mechanical grip. reduce the dependency on aero grip.
or the more drastic method. DONT ALLOW PITSTOPS

easier said then done btw

NickT

Just been reading Steve Matchett's book The Chariot Makers 8) he was saying that the modern F1 car produces significantly more down foce than the best ground effect cars did :shock:

So as I have said before; slick tyres, standardised wings and difusers to give 25% of todays aero grip and consigne all driver aides to the bin. Lets have a real drivers championship, not the current best aero/tyre championship
NickT

Tom

Bear in mind however that when ground-effect and fan cars were racing aerodynamics was no-where near as advanced as it is now. Lotus aerodynamisists threw paper aeroplanes down a wind tunnel to achieve ground effects. A modern ground effects car I'm sure could produce more df than with the current rules and regs.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Tp
Tp

LoRdVaMPz wrote:..wat do u guys think that they can do in order to have more overtaking in every race??
I think the aerodynamics of the car, ("Dirty air") is the biggest factor, the cars these days have so many little aerodynamic pieces such as winglets, that they must surely disturb the airflow. The brakes are also a factor, the braking distances are getting shorter and shorter each year, reducing the chance of overtaking.

But about Fisichella, I've always felt he is a quick driver, so moving to Renault, I thought he would give Alonso a run for his money. But it hasn't really happened. I feel this is down to the Renault F1 car, which seems to have more understeer than other cars, which suits Alonso's characteristic late-turn in. Fisichella seems less able to cope with this (compared to Alonso).

Principessa

Hehe ... funny British people :wink:

Spencifer_Murphy

Hehe...there were other signs too. Like

"No Parking"

"Schumi - free parking over here"

etc.

hehe :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.