Will Honda and Toyota leave f1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NickT

Will Honda and Toyota leave f1?

See the link below

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36187

:twisted: My view is call their bluff, if they leave there are plenty of other teams willing to fill their garages in the pits lane :twisted:
NickT

Jason

NickT, if any major teams leaves F1 then I'll go smashing my head into my plasma television screen.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/3200

Well, I can't really blame them that they are upset. I really believe that it's one of the most stupid things the FIA have proposed so far. What do they want? That all the drivers drive the same tyres, the same engines....the same car?

flynfrog

i am 100% agianst the rule to start with

who wants to watch the newest spec series racing

all of these new rules are simply forecing more money to be spent on areo its not saving teams any money

:smash head on desk:

ok back to preteneding to do work

emburmak
emburmak

It would be a pity if they left. But F1 is much bigger than a bunch of car makers. 8)

manchild
manchild

Jason wrote:NickT, if any major teams leaves F1 then I'll go smashing my head into my plasma television screen.
Better use old cathode ray tube TV, the effect will be more spectacular :lol:

West
West

Well the problem with the series running itself is that the poor teams get poorer and the rich teams get richer. It's understandable that engine freezes save money but obviously there's going to be more money spent elsewhere. F1 is a sport that requires constant evolution and ultimately this causes an increases in cash spending.

The best way to fight "cost cutting" is actually giving a lot more to the teams. Then they'd stop b*tching about it. And maybe stabilize the rules once in a while.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Tom

Try telling the FIA and particularely Mowsley that.
F1 is in an era where the big guys want to attract new audiences (successfully for many years) but now they need to think about keeping the old ones which they are not.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

jaslfc
jaslfc

i may call u on that jason!!

this is merely a scare tactic by honda and toyota. the are not happy of the rule and is trying to muscle thier way for a change. I personally dont agree on having an engine freeze but i dont run f1.

Back to big teams leaving.. A manufacturer will leave f1 when they think that the money they spent outways the benefits. I guarantee that over the next 10 years some manufacutrers may leave, some may come..

JimmyK
JimmyK

Don't get me wrong, I love plucky independent teams - I loved Minardi.

But I couldn't actually see what would be wrong with a manufacturers-only F1 with a free-for-all in terms of spending.

But anyway, if Mosely wants to cut costs, why can he simply not get te=he manufacturers to state their spendature and limit their budgets to a level amount each year? Then they would see who is best.

Scuderia_Russ

JimmyK wrote: But I couldn't actually see what would be wrong with a manufacturers-only F1 with a free-for-all in terms of spending..
Because someone has to lose that's why... and do you think that 'The Board' will happily throw away £150m per year to embarrass themselves and and roll in last? It's not sustainable. They will pull out like Jaguar did.
JimmyK wrote:But anyway, if Mosely wants to cut costs, why can he simply not get the manufacturers to state their spendature and limit their budgets to a level amount each year? Then they would see who is best.
This would just be too hard to police. It might not be pretty, but by freezing engines for a few years, I read that there would be savings of £100m or some astronomical figure like that... which means the manufacturers that were whining about wanting more money from t.v. etc. will now get there money.........just not from the source they intended.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-