Top 10: greatest-ever British Grand Prix drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Your Greatest Brit?

Nigel Mansell
21%
Damon Hill
5%
James Hunt
11%
Jackie Stewart
16%
Jimmy Clark
32%
Peter Collins
No votes
Stirling Moss
16%

Total votes: 19

Tom

Top 10: greatest-ever British Grand Prix drivers

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/ttbritdri ... efault.asp

Interesting section for the British GP, sorry for non-Brits but feel welcome to set up a poll on your own nationalities greatest drivers.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

Our Nige' :wink:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

JC

Tom

Clark all the way for me.

Probably a good time to mention that the Jim Clark International Memorial Rally is on in Duns in a few weeks. Definetly worth a visit as it is part of the British Championship aswell as the super fast Irish Championship and is the only tarmac closed road event in the British mainland! With record speeds around 130mph its well worth going and you can visit his museum while your up there.

http://www.jimclarkrally.com/
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ciro Pabón

Best, Clark. Greatest, Hunt.
Ciro

manchild
manchild

I've just noticed... :shock:

Graham Hill is not in the list :shock: :shock: :shock:

2 times F1 WDC, 5 times Monaco winner, triple crown Indianapolis 500, 24 hours of Le Mans :!:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jason

BTW Tom, I tihnk you should the worst british driver in F1 and I'm sure everyone will point their fingers to JB. :wink: :lol:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Tom

Manchild gasped:
I've just noticed...

Graham Hill is not in the list

2 times F1 WDC, 5 times Monaco winner, triple crown Indianapolis 500, 24 hours of Le Mans
I know, sorry. Originally the list included Hawthorn aswell as DC, JB and both Hills. Just didn't have enough room and he was the one I sacrafised. Sorry again.

Spencifer_Murphy

Moss was a great driver, but also so incredbibly versitle (much like clark) Trying to choose between them is so very hard.

Mansell was definately a "Peoples Champion"

Stewart was also one of those rare drivers who transend the sport (in this case by fighting for increased saftey standards)

But I'l have to choose...

...Sterling Moss. You don't get a London Cockney Ryhming slag phrase made out of you unless your something special!

"Who d'ya think you are? Sterling Moss?!" :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

zac510
zac510

He is Stirling after the town, not Sterling after the currency :)

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL...sorry I always do that, its out of habbit...Damned Geography lessons! (as a kid we had to learn the currencies of the EU countries - this was before the Euro btw - so Pounds Sterling kind of stuck) :oops:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.