And the new World Champion is....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

And the new World Champion is....

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/3664

The Championship for Ferrari AND Schumacher with a nice ribbon round it :wink:

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

One sec for Doornbos incident and one sec for passing under yellow.....harsh punishment yes, but seems to be inline with the other punishment dealt out this season.....

Scuderia_Russ

Serves Alonso right. I'm amazed at the double standards some board members have with regards to this.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

j4kwan
j4kwan

hahah not worth getting in trouble during PRACTICE! DUMMY!!!

i remember alonso break testing coulthard in his first year with renault. coulthard went flying off the track at the A1 Ring i think it was...

REPEAT OFFENDER! DNF HIM!!!!!
as unlikely as it could be, there's always a chance to get seriously injured with such deliberate moves. If tthat's the case, harsh punishment should be implemented!

20 LASHES and a VODKA SHOWER

Principessa

You have to keep in mind that Doornbos didn't want to let Alonso pass and when he did, he left very little room for the Renault of Alonso. On the other hand, okay...Alonso did not have to do that. I really don't approve his behaviour, don't get me wrong. But over the season there have been incidents like this as well and there was a milder penalty. So why NOW such a hard penalty as the championship becomes exciting again?

Scuderia_Russ

Principessa wrote:So why NOW such a hard penalty as the championship becomes exciting again?
That's a matter of opinion Principessa.
-Henry Ford-

flynfrog

Principessa wrote:You have to keep in mind that Doornbos didn't want to let Alonso pass and when he did, he left very little room for the Renault of Alonso. On the other hand, okay...Alonso did not have to do that. I really don't approve his behaviour, don't get me wrong. But over the season there have been incidents like this as well and there was a milder penalty. So why NOW such a hard penalty as the championship becomes exciting again?
you must have been watching a differnt video the one i saw had alanso swerving toarwd him

and why did he need to pass so bad it was practice

Principessa

That's no matter of opion. If they punish one driver in a way, they have to punish the other on the same way!!

Fernando did a bad thing today and I know and admit that, but why does he get such a punishment and the other ones another one?

He made a mistake...he did

manchild
manchild

SR, will you say in months and years once again in some topic that Schweinmacher is best and that he won fairly?

Alonso was punished because FIA stewards did NOTHING to punish backmarkers from blocking leading driver and he basically got same punishment as Schuey in Monaco where as yuo remeber in QUALIFYING he blocked his main oponents. How fair is that?

Believing that Alonso was punished because of what he did is what mad Max wants public to think.

Renault is on FIA's sight and they must go down because "greatest ever" must become "great" again using same methods as before - that what this is all about.

Scuderia_Russ

Complete crap MC in my opinion. I've said all I have to on the matter. Feel free to slag off at will mate.
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

Chinese Grand Prix 2005

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3741/750.html
Schumacher, Albers crash on way to grid

16 October 2005

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher and Minardi's Christijan Albers were forced to start the Chinese Grand Prix in spare cars after the pair collided on the way to the grid.

With a significant speed differential between the two drivers, Albers ran into the rear of Schumacher as the champion appeared to change his line. The left side of the Ferrari sustained serious damage, with the front wheel left hanging off. Albers was also unable to continue after front-right suspension damage.

The incident was investigated by the stewards, who subsequently gave Schumacher an official reprimand.
This article from official f1 site explains what happens when Schuey drives dangerously, even more it happened on pre-race procedure when cars were lining up. So, he drove dangerously, caused an accident that forced Albers to use spare car and he was punished with official reprimand.

Why was Alonso than punished at all than?

How many cars did he crash? How much damage did he cause? What track marshals had to intervene? How much money had to be spent to sort out consequences of that? For how long was the circuit jammed or yellow flagged?

Think of all that and than re-think the same about Schuey-Albers accident from 2005 and tell me who has privileges with FIA.

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote: Think of all that and than re-think the same about Schuey-Albers accident from 2005 and tell me who has privileges with FIA.
I don't think that this has anything to do with the privileges. We all saw what the FIA did to Ferrari in Monaco.

As for your example, apples and oranges, in my opinion. That bizzare incident in China last year didn't involve one driver brake-testing the other. Alonso put, on purpose, Doornbos in danger - hence the one second penalty. IIRC, there was a similar incident in Turkey last year, where one driver brake tested the other (I think it was an incident involving Montoya and Villeneuve), and one of them was given a penalty (I don't remember the exact details).

wazojugs

=D>

Tp
Tp

Yes but Alonso's 'incident' was unavoidable, why would Schumacher want his car wrecked?

Plus about the punishment, this year the stewards have said that they are prepared to throw the book at drivers when they feel it is warranted. So you could look at is being a change from last year when maybe the stewards had a different idea what was acceptable and what was not.

allan
allan

the same silliness!!!!!!!
i wonder how much damage did michael cost in MONACO 2006?
by the way, this is the least punishment anyone could have! and manchild, what would u do to michael when he crashed with albers in 2005, if his car was already destroyed 15 min before the start of the race.Give him a ONE LAP penalty?
i think guys, u should put alonso in god's place, because even if he's the wrong guy, HE IS THE RIGHT ONE!