Old School - Ferrari 641/2

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
air_d
air_d

Old School - Ferrari 641/2

Any of you folks familiar with Ferrari's 641/2 (F190)? Specifically, I'm looking for photo-documentation of it's internals. Were they using composite fiber for body panels back then? What about structural/suspension? I'm gathering documentation for a model-building project, and there are some recreations out there that look a little advanced for the era (they look like a F1-2000, just a change in the aeros...). I'd also like any documentation on chassis numbers (all of the info contained in the "Formula 1 Technical Analysis..." books by Giorgio Piola - except for the ~1990 timeframe).
Thank you in advance for any help - Danny

RH1300S
RH1300S

I am very sure that the 641 used a moulded carbon tub (not folded carbon panels). Body panels, for sure some were carbon. In that era, if you look at many cars with the bodywork off, you see panels with a (visually) much higher kevlar content - giving the carbon a dirty yellow/green hue. Some panels looked very much more yellow than others (I seem to remember the air-box was quite yellow) - these had a very high kevlar content.

The car was advanced for it's era...IMHO it heralded the modern GP car with tightly fitting bodywork, paddle gearchange and they were even the first to use flexing blade inboard suspension mounts in place of the "rose" joints.