kimi with mclaren

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NickT

Lets not get into the GREAT but boring debate again :roll: please.

There are many aspects to a formula one driver and Michael probably ticks more boxes than most, most of the time. Like wise there are days when other drivers will tick as many if not more of the boxes, the problem is none of them can yet do it as consistently as Michael. Thats why he has 7 championships. Even if he was clear number 1 in the team and number 2 was forced to be his rear gunner, he earnt that right with the hard work he put in to help build Farrari into a competitive team and the results he earnt them.

But he is a driver in the twilight of his F1 career and age does start to dull that razor edge eventually. Ferrari have to consider the long term future and that means without Michael. There has to be a period of transition where the dream team has to be shared and ultimately transferred to another driver. Michael understands this and so does Kimi.

So my money is on Kimi going to Ferrari
NickT

pyry
pyry

saam wrote:
Sure he may not be able to win every single race, but thats not what we are saying

8)
are you like gollom or something?(refering to the we)
four rings to rule them all

saam
saam

With great driving ability comes great respect and admiration. Those who oppose what a legend does should step up to the plate themselves and show us what could be done, otherwise ill keep refering back to the facts that MS is by far the best driver i have become to know....

Hard to swollow for a lot of you i know........SO IT SHOULD

8)
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

pyry
pyry

youve known him for a long time now have you?
four rings to rule them all

RACKITUP
RACKITUP

either way you look at it, nxt year should be a stonker

Kimi with Schumi
....OR Kimi @ Renault
...OR Kimi with Alonso

Webber and DC in Newey's Redbull

Honda having there full size windtunnel up and running

<----- Can not wait till nxt year, and still has the rest of 2006 season

kimi_khodr_raikkonen
kimi_khodr_raikkonen

yeah next year will be amazing but kimi will stay with mclaren and next year is for mclaren...dont' worry mclaren fan's
kimi is the best

Tp
Tp

kimi_khodr_raikkonen wrote:yeah next year will be amazing but kimi will stay with mclaren and next year is for mclaren...dont' worry mclaren fan's
I can't see him staying with Mclaren for next year. They already have Alonso, it would be pointless to have two of the best drivers in the same team.

I think either Gary Paffett or Lewis Hamilton should get the second seat as then the team can have a number one driver in the team, but also have another talented driver in the other seat gaining experience in F1 maybe for the future driver and constructors championship title for Mclaren.

m3_lover

RACKITUP wrote:either way you look at it, nxt year should be a stonker

Kimi with Schumi
....OR Kimi @ Renault
...OR Kimi with Alonso

Webber and DC in Newey's Redbull

Honda having there full size windtunnel up and running

<----- Can not wait till nxt year, and still has the rest of 2006 season
I thought that Honda had its full size wind tunnel up and running, but do not forget that at the 2006 Chinese Grand Prix...the Engine Freeze begins.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Mikey_s
Mikey_s

Yeah, but what about Schu as #2 to Taku? :D
Mike

yzfr7
yzfr7

The most intriguing thing for me are the rumours that Ross Brawn will retire at the end of the year. There are some rumours about Jean Todt too, and I really can't see Schumacher at Ferrari without Brawn or both.
I don't think Kimi will take the risk to go to Ferrari without all the structure Schumacher had in the past years. In fact it is a difficult situation for him:
he is not happy at McLaren, which is strugling a bit after Newey departed and may change management as Mercedes intend to buy the remaining 60%;
Ferrari may lose Ross Brawn and many of the technical staff that supported Schumacher and made the package so good;
Reanult is lacking definition about its future in all ways, the commitment of the company to F1, Flavio Briatore's contract, and last reports say they are not finding sponsors to replace tobacco money.
I would be very relutant to make this decision now.
pax

allan
allan

i don't think ferrari will lose a lot with brown's departure,because they have spent the last couple of years preparing the young guys and engineers, such as Costa for example..
about schumacher's pace, well all u have to do is to look at the hungarian Gp a couple of weeks ago, and see how schumacher jumped up about 8 places while massa went back 8 places at the same time!!!
that's what massa's pace is! :wink:

Ciro Pabón

allan wrote:... all u have to do is to look at the hungarian Gp a couple of weeks ago, and see how schumacher jumped up about 8 places while massa went back 8 places at the same time!!!
that's what massa's pace is! :wink:
Didn`t they have different tires?

On thread: there are a dozen different reports. I won't put all my chips on Urheilulehti magazine.

After passing the article through my trusty finnish-engrish translator, I got the following:

"Räikkösen transference Ferrarille stone"

"Probably alternative Räikköselle is now reproduction McLaren Mercedeksellä , which is valmistelemassa suomalaistähdelle leach colossal proposition. McLaren is function negotiate Räikkösen and hers manager too McLarenin newly bidding latest Turkish GP yhteydessä august ultimate."

Crystal clear. Räikköselle to MacLarenin again. :lol:
Ciro

mini696

Tp wrote:...it would be pointless to have two of the best drivers in the same team.
Uhh... Prost and Senna 1988 ring a bell?

kimi_khodr_raikkonen
kimi_khodr_raikkonen

well its a dream team but its not that far. In case he move to ferrari,i don't think Kimi will agree on being a second driver since Schumi is not realy thinking of leaving F1. So most probably he'll stay in Mclaren & as a first driver. As for renault kovalinen will be the second driver next to Jan Carlo.... Hope it will be true
kimi is the best

Vasco

I still think that a move to ferrari will be the best decision kimi can make. Ferrari currently have the strongest package and next year with bridgestone as sole supplier they will have a huge advantage over the other teams. Also the technical department of ferrari is not looking too shabby either. They got back their designer from Mclaren( cant remember his name) and the current designer seems to be doing well. They certainly have one of the better engines around.

So the only thing keeping kimi away is shu. If schumacher were his teammate though, l think it might take a while for kimi to be able to match schumacher,since he'll have to adapt his driving style to ferrari. Technically shu should not fear kimi for next year.Kimi should swallow his pride and move to ferrari if he wants a better chance of winning a grad prix (especially if mercedes wants to buy out mclaren). Mayb kimi (who has won 0 f1 championships) can learn something from schu (who has won 7).

Off topic: Is it possible for Mclaren to end their relationship with mercedes and to find another supplier or are they commited to mercedes.