JV's future

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

Who could you be talking about there? :wink:

I can't think of any single time when JV has cheated actually.
Also this man nearly won his first grand prix, I think he did win his second, and got the champ in his second year. It took Michael a year to get his maiden and another to get the WC.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

8)

boban-mk

Please don't compare JV with MS. They are just uncomparable as F1 drivers. Please, when Hill became a champion that means that Williams then had a two year ahead of anybody else. That's why JV also become a champion. But when he start to drive for Bar he realized that he is nothing but an low average F1 driver, and also a stupid one to go as a champion to beginers team. Nik is not a good driver also but don't tell me that JV was better then Nik this season also.
There was a voting on f1racing about this question, where JV will go. You can see reasults here:
http://www.f1racing.net/en/poll.php?pollID=871

I was a big fan of JV when he become a champion.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I still think JV's got a chance at F1. Especially Toro Rossi. Red Bull, the company that call the shots, have learned the hard way that having two inexperienced drivers on the same team doesn't really produce as much development or race results. Just look at the difference between the two teams, Red Bull, and Toro Rossi. 16 points to 1. And yes, definitely, David Coulthard has a large part in the transformation of oh-so pathetic Jaguar to respectable Red Bull.
So in terms of team development and race results, putting JV in a Toro Rossi make sense. BMW has developed a heck of a lot in just one year, and JV was part of that process. They could not have become such a respectable team if he had not co-operated and contributed. And JV is also very marketable. He has a distinct image and character, something the present Toro Rossi drivers lack.
When JV got back in via Sauber, there were many detractors who claimed he was over the hill, he had lost his form. But after a few races to adjust, JV has proven as quick, or quicker as Nick. And among his peers, he is still regarded as a very quick driver, capable of putting in good times. Just give him a decent car, and he can still race anyone.

Ciro Pabón

boban-mk wrote:Please don't compare JV with MS. They are just uncomparable as F1 drivers...
You are right boban-mk. This is what Mr. Villeneuve has and some other pilots (I won't mention any names) lack:

Kaleco's Brass Balls:
Ciro

Tom

Well, I've bought a set.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

boban-mk wrote:But when he start to drive for Bar he realized that he is nothing but an low average F1 driver, and also a stupid one to go as a champion to beginers team.
No driver could have scored more with that BAR than JV did. He had several podiums with BAR, amazing starts and qualifying positions compared to his teammates and most of all I remember one race when he held Schuey behind his BAR for some 20-25 laps. He is far from being "an low average F1 driver". By my opinion he one of the best ever when it matters technique and guts which he had shown in many different racing series.

He did choose to make lots of money by going to BAR instead to fight for more WDC. During BAR years he was second best-paid driver in F1 after Schuey.
Last edited by manchild on 03 Sep 2006, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

Tp
Tp

manchild wrote:No diriver couldn't have scored more with that BAR than JV did.
Button scored 139 points with BAR compared to JV's pathetic 39 points. Even when they were team mates and had the same car in 2003, Button still scored more points.

manchild
manchild

Tp wrote:Button scored 139 points with BAR compared to JV's pathetic 39 points. Even when they were team mates and had the same car in 2003, Button still scored more points.
When did Button come to BAR? Who developed BAR from zero?

JV 7th - 17 points
Zonta 14th - 3 points

JV 7th - 12 points
Panis 14th - 5 points

JV 12th - 4 points
Panis 14th - 3 ponits
Last edited by manchild on 03 Sep 2006, 00:44, edited 2 times in total.

Tp
Tp

manchild wrote:
Tp wrote:
manchild wrote:No diriver couldn't have scored more with that BAR than JV did.
Button scored 139 points with BAR compared to JV's pathetic 39 points. Even when they were team mates and had the same car in 2003, Button still scored more points.
When did Button come to BAR? Who developed BAR from zero?
When was BAR's most successful season? Was JV in it?

In fact you can add up the total Constructors points from all the seasons JV was at BAR(1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003) and it is still well short of the BAR constructors points in ONE season when JV wasn't there.(2004)

boban-mk

Great drivers like JV and Huan Pablo ends up expeled from their tim at the mid of a season and go home. That is the reality, not something that i think.
No, no, great drivers are keept in their team, regarding the salarry they request, or years they have.
But still there is a chance to go to other team. Maybe Midland will became a great team, by the way they have much more experiance then bar. But to go there probably he should give them a money.
He should concetrate now on his wife and his baby and watch f1 from home.