Another Alonso-Doornbos incident

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
janus
janus

Another Alonso-Doornbos incident

look like alonso and doornbos are on fire ...alonso did it again and test brake doornbos read it in autosport.com..i dont now if its true but if it is alonso is searching for a reason to lose the chmpionship and blame on some one...and doornbos can be it ..frist it was in barcelona then in hungary now again 2 is funny 3 times is stupid

johny

no, this time it wasn't a brake test. alonso was overtaking doornbos and he tried to outbrake alonso, both cars touched but this time IMO it's doornbos fault

manchild
manchild

Indeed, it was Doornbos fault (Schuey vs. Hill 1994 & JV 1997 kind of move)

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46cliw6GqRY
Last edited by manchild on 26 Aug 2006, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Steven
Owner

What's wrong with that Dutchman?
I bet he would drive into the grass to let Schumi pass, but somehow he thinks he is the better drivers compared to Alonso, who managed to win races, be on pole and become a champion.

Doornbos has not even driven a season of races :roll:

manchild
manchild

That's just Doornbos’s task given to him by Mosley's close friend and team owner Mateschitz whose RBR cars use Ferrari engines. Its amazing how 3rd driver can be useful to interfere in WDC battle. 3rd car is very expendable and insured by Scuderia maFIA in a way that no sum is too big if it brings the title.

Not to mention that Alonso was punished in Hungary even though there was no contact between the cars while in the Turkey there was a contact and Doornbos caused it but no one from FIA dares to punish Doornbos for dangerous driving and other crap Alonso was punished for.

Conspiracy theory? No I didn't say that, that's just an impression you get.

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:That's just Doornbos’s task given to him by Mosley's close friend and team owner Mateschitz whose RBR cars use Ferrari engines. Its amazing how 3rd driver can be useful to interfere in WDC battle. 3rd car is very expendable and insured by Scuderia maFIA in a way that no sum is too big if it brings the title.
Classic post Manchild, classic. Doorknobs was on the racing line and Alonso as patient as ever decided to steam up the inside and nearly wipe them both out. Although it looks like Alonso was alongside him (I don't think he drew level BTW) Alonso was so far wide I doubt Doorknobs saw him.
Last edited by Scuderia_Russ on 26 Aug 2006, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

walter
walter

manchild wrote:That's just Doornbos’s task given to him by Mosley's close friend and team owner Mateschitz whose RBR cars use Ferrari engines

What, are we now playing the six degrees of Kevin Bacon?

manchild
manchild

manchild wrote:That's just Doornbos’s task given to him by Mosley's close friend and team owner Mateschitz whose RBR cars use Ferrari engines
What isn't the truth in this?

Isn't Mateschitz as the owner of RBR giving tasks?
Isn't Mateschitz Mosley's close *friend?
Isn't RBR using Ferrari engines?

pitpass wrote:FIA President, Max Mosley, has been awarded France's highest award, the prestigious, Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur, in recognition of his contribution to motor sport and road safety.

The presentation was conducted on Monday evening by French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy and French Sports Minister Jean-Francois Lamour at a special ceremony in the French Foreign Ministry at the Quai d'Orsay in Paris. The ceremony was attended by a group of family, friends and colleagues from the automotive industry and the world of motor sport, including Bernie Ecclestone, Jean Todt and Dietrich Mateschitz.

Saribro
Saribro

manchild wrote:What isn't the truth in this?
This being a "task" given to Doornbos is an assumption. The circumstances fit your conspiracy theory to make this assumption.

pyry
pyry

by the way, doornbus was overtaking alonso. came up behind and drafted on the straight. alonso, being the great fighting bull, still cannot stomach being overtaken by someone on a flying lap in friday free pratice.
four rings to rule them all

Tom

I could believe Manchild made up the 'Paul McCartney is dead theory' after reading that. Sorry MC, but that was a joke right?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Saribro wrote:This being a "task" given to Doornbos is an assumption. The circumstances fit your conspiracy theory to make this assumption.
So, you make assumption that Doornbos is acting against orders he gets from team owner?

I'm not kidding. When was the last time that 3rd driver had two accidents in a row with driver fighting for WDC? That simply can't be pure accident.

Saribro
Saribro

manchild wrote:
Saribro wrote:This being a "task" given to Doornbos is an assumption. The circumstances fit your conspiracy theory to make this assumption.
So, you make assumption that Doornbos is acting against orders he gets from team owner?
Have you even considered that there were no "orders" either way and that this was just a bump from a competitive moment?
Just because I say that Mateschitz ordering Doornbos to try and ram Alonso is an assumption, doesn't mean I think Doornbos was ordered not to ram Alonso.
manchild wrote:I'm not kidding. When was the last time that 3rd driver had two accidents in a row with driver fighting for WDC? That simply can't be pure accident.
Let's assume (I'm not saying it's a fact) Hungary as a random event. Now, it would be acceptable to assume (I'm not saying it's a fact) that there are still some left over aggressive feelings between these 2 drivers. So now, the first following GP, Alonso encounters Doornbos again (not unlikely, Doornbos always runs a lot on fridays) and both get a little more competitive than most on fridays, go just over the edge of their cars' capabilities and end up taking a mild bump.
This seems like a much more likely scenario than your giant pro-Ferrari/anti-manchild conspiracy.
Or, to sum up, continue and conclude:
-big field of certain colours and gradiants flying around-
manchild: it's obviously white
Saribro: seems presumptuous, grey sounds more likely
manchild: so you mean black, it's definitly white
Saribro: several kinds of grey
manchild: black&white
Saribro: grey with white and black speckles
manchild: white&black
Saribro: medium grey
Ciro: ducks fly around too and they are yellow

Hurah...

manchild
manchild

I got to be black and white in order to make a point.

Imagine how would Declaration of Independence sound if it went something like... "Well, the English king isn't really that bad, we are partly to blame too..." :wink:

Ciro Pabón

Well, what can I say? Stick to technical matters, Ciro? That would be a good idea, given the climate. :roll:

Or maybe: "Paranoia" meets "nothing-to-see-here-move-on"? Monochromatic thinking? :wink:

Back on thread:
Alonso: I overtook three or four cars today and five or six cars overtook me today when I was with the graining period, and with all of them I didn't have any problem. But Doornbos has three or four incidents today. It is strange.
Doornbos: I was on a good time and ended up in a bit of a 'chicken' game with Alonso. It was a case of 'who's going to brake latest', but that's all there was to it.
So, Alonso thought he was passing Doornbos. Doornbos thought he was being tested in his bravery.

My conclusion: Doornbos is a jerk playing chicken, when he should be driving. Alonso is starting to have the "Manchild syndrome", when he should be driving.
Ciro