JCB in Williams buy out

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
iceman1uk

JCB in Williams buy out

http://www.phpbbserver.com/f1world/port ... um=f1world

JCB have made an offer to Sir Frank Williams to buy the Formula 1 outfit.

No figure has been released but it is understood to be a very substantial sum.

A JCB spokesman has said "We have approached Sir Frank with an offer and are awaiting a response which should come soon"
He went on to say that if Sir Frank agrees then the Williams name would remain part of the team and the Toyota contract would be honoured.

JCB are the world biggest manufacturers of road digging equipment and has recently been involved in the power tool world and also are the worlds fastest diesel land speed record holders.

I reckon that this could be a great thing for Williams.

Lightspeed

If Sir FW and PH wanted to sell their team, they would have decided to absorb themselves into BMW when the offer was made.

I get the impression that Sir FW is passionate about running a F1 racing outfit. It appears to me that making one time easy money does not attract him, while an antogonistic expression is true in the case of racing glory.

The Toyota deal for next year and beyond in addition to the FIA's cost cutting measures combined with new sponsors (Philips, Tata, etc) will surely brighten up the Williams teams' prospects for the future. Considering the size Toyota engine budget and Williams' engineering/chassis expierence it might not be foolish to consider the prospects of Williams regaining their past glory.

Sale of Williams to JCB .... no way IMHO...the two are poles apart.

m3_lover

Just like JCB and Jaguar.. it would never mix properly
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

I believe that Frank would allow a 'JCB Williams' outfit, similar to BMW Williams, as long as he was in control of it all, and it was still his team
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Sawtooth-spike

We are talking about JCB as in Big freaking dumper trucks?

Is this becasue of the amount of times the williams have spent in the sand trap this year? :wink:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

joseff

"The JCB crane comes to collect the JCB race car as Rosberg climbs out of yet another disappointing non-finish."

Scuderia_Russ

Sawtooth-spike wrote:We are talking about JCB as in Big freaking dumper trucks?

Is this becasue of the amount of times the williams have spent in the sand trap this year? :wink:
:lol:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

wazojugs

maybe if this take over happens will we see a new nosecone on the williams i.e a jcb shovel to keep the gravel traps level