Engine Freeze Scam

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
G-Rock
G-Rock

Engine Freeze Scam

Ok, I've figured out how F1 engine manufacturers will get around this engine freeze...

1 The next few months push engine development to the max, going for maximum power without worrying to much about reliability.

2 During the Japanese GP and testing this winter, although having maybe 20-50 more HP than the rivals, display massive blowups indicating a weakness somewhere in the engines durability. (this would be the result of concentrating on outright power vs reliability.)

3 Cry to the FIA for some extra development to increase reliability. This will give a team more time to further develope an engine, past the engine freeze window, resulting in the possibility of more power with good durability vs the team that built a good, reliable engine for this October's engine freeze.

So is this too cynical or are teams doing this already?
--------------------------------------------------------

flynfrog

mini696

I doubt they could do that. The FIA will just say "De-tune it, and quit complaining".

"Cosworth will therefore be able to run maximum engine performance, including the 20,000RPM rev limit..."

I thought the limit was going to be 19000RPM and thats why Mercedes will be disadvantaged.

pRo

We already went through this. ;)

viewtopic.php?t=2974&start=30
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

g rock

you must be "stoned".......

give ron or todt a call.....your hot property......i think they need a brick to stop the cars rolling on the grid......got to start somewhere!!

later rubble

G-Rock
G-Rock

Hey Hudsonhawk! I'm trying to reply to your comment but i can't because it (your comment) doesn't make any sense. Give it too me in plain english...or maybe you're just too much of a coward.
--------------------------------------------------------

flynfrog

G-Rock wrote:Hey Hudsonhawk! I'm trying to reply to your comment but i can't because it (your comment) doesn't make any sense. Give it too me in plain english...or maybe you're just too much of a coward.
i ussaly cant understand what he says either

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

g rock......cause your as thick as a brick.....sorry, just playing mister..:lol:

oh nooooo....its the flying frock to the rescue.....just having a little fun frocker.... :P :P :P ....

pyry
pyry

the old elevator doesnt go quite to the top anymore, does it hudsonhawk?
four rings to rule them all