MS retireing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pompelmo
pompelmo

MS retireing

Well it's official..MS retires... F1 will not be what it is without Michael :?

theSuit
theSuit

as I posted in the italy gp thread, but probably better here

Three cheers for Michael.

He is not the perfect person we'd like him to be, but he is one of the finest race drivers ever to turn a wheel.

I wish him the best for the rest of this season and whatever he chooses to do next.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Farewell Michael, you set the standard on racing.

pRo

Re: MS retireing

pompelmo wrote:F1 will not be what it is without Michael :?
Hope not. I'm really looking for next season and hoping to see many fair races between Alonso, Kimi and Heikki. Races where they settle who's best on the track, not by silly FIA moves. :twisted:

Goodbye Michael, you won't be missed by all of us. Hope you get a job outside my TV screen. :P
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Arman_Juna_Beats
Arman_Juna_Beats

Yes it won't be the same without him.....But am Sure...All the Drivers will definitely try 2 do as best as him..Massive Big Up...n Respect 2 MS...Great Guy,Great Heart,Master Driver!! :D :D :D :D :D ..Will Be Missed!!! :( :( :(

kheopsb

I can only thank MS for being the driver and competitor he is, regardless of all the contreversy surrounding him, he has been nothing but great ambassador for Formula 1 racing.
Thanks Michael for the great memories and emotions!!

Tp
Tp

Michael Schumacher has retired .The Greatest Driver in World has retired.

You don't have to be a Ferrari/Schumacher fan to appreciate and be in awe at what he has achieved.

Very difficult to sum up a legend such as himself. So I'll just finish it as...

Thank you Michael for all those wonderful races and memories, you will be missed deeply. It's been a fantastic pleasure to have the opportunity to see you race and I hope that you can win that last 8th title to finish off your exceptional career.
Last edited by Tp on 10 Sep 2006, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

basrawi
basrawi

He will have a role next year in the team

PRESS RELEASE
Michael Schumacher will retire from race driving at the end of the 2006 World Championship.
Whatever the final result of this year’s championship, Michael leaves Formula 1 holding almost all the
records. To date, he has taken seven Drivers’ world titles and has contributed to the same number of
team wins in the Constructors’ Championship. He has taken part in 247 Formula 1 Grands Prix (178 of
them at the wheel of a Ferrari,) won 90 (71,) been on pole 68 (58 ) times, setting 75 (52) fastest race
laps. He has amassed a total of 1354 points, 1051 of them in a Maranello car. No one in the world of
motor racing has done better.
Following his decision, the only record that will elude him is the one for the number of race starts. He will
be able to reach the 250 mark, just six short of the record held by Riccardo Patrese.
Schumacher has been with Scuderia Ferrari for eleven seasons, a demonstration of loyalty without
equal in Formula 1, to date securing five of his Drivers’ titles here and contributing to six of the team’s
Constructors’ titles. No other driver has ever won as much with the Scuderia.
“I had always said that the decision to retire would be his alone, but now that decision has been taken, I
feel a sense of sadness,” commented Ferrari President and CEO, Luca di Montezemolo. “We have lived
through some unforgettable times together, some good some bad, achieving results that will be hard to
equal. To Michael goes the thanks of everyone in the company and supporters of Ferrari for all the
dedication he has shown to our colours, for the determination and courage with which he has worked,
which has provided immense satisfaction. He is both sincere and passionate and has earned the
affection of all of us and of our fans. His relationship with Maranello will continue, albeit in a different form
and I am very happy about that.”
“Michael has been the author of a unique chapter in the history of Formula 1 and of Ferrari in particular.
It has yet to reach its conclusion and what he has achieved extends over and above the results
obtained,” added Managing Director, Jean Todt. “He is an exceptional man and will become a legend as
a driver. For me personally, he is a great friend and together we have lived through unrepeatable
experiences. Having had the opportunity to work alongside him has been and will continue to be a
privilege.”
“Words are not enough and whatever I could say now will never fully express how much I love this
fascinating world of motor sport and all it has given me,” said Michael Schumacher. “From go-karting to
Formula 1, I have lived through moments that I will never forget. I am profoundly grateful for everything I
have had. I want to thank everyone who has accompanied me, supported and inspired me, right back to
the days of my childhood. Above all, a special thanks goes to Corinna and our two children, who have
given me the strength to do what I have done. All these years in Formula 1 have been amazing,
especially those spent alongside my friends in the Scuderia. Soon my future will belong to my family,
while I am happy to be still part of Ferrari. But for now, what matters is this world championship.”
At the end of the year, as is traditional, we will announce the new team organisation, which will also
include a definition of Michael’s new role.
Maranello, 10 September 2006 Motor Sport Press Office
M Basrawi

pRo

Tp wrote:The Greatest Driver in World has retired.

You don't have to be a Ferrari/Schumacher fan to appreciate
That point can easily be argued. Since there's another "official" tribute thread, I guess I can do it here.

Say someone is shooting baskets and makes 9 out of 10. Then you make 11 out of 20. Are you better, cause you made 11? Be honest. ;)

Greatest driver? How about a guy who only drove 8 seasons and won 5 championships? He started 51 races and won 24, getting 29 poles. And that's only what he did on his old days. He was almost 40 when the F1 championship started in 1950. Everyone can Google for his success before F1. The Greatest Driver in the World. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Lightspeed

Fare thee well MS. Thank you for all the great times.

In most probability i'm gonna quit watching F1 after this season. I have little interest in watching any of the rest of the drivers or teams without Michael.

Tp
Tp

Lightspeed wrote:Fare thee well MS. Thank you for all the great times.

In most probability i'm gonna quit watching F1 after this season. I have little interest in watching any of the rest of the drivers or teams without Michael.
You shouldn't stop watching F1. You never know Raikkonen could be the next 'Schumacher'.....

wazojugs

looks like he leaving as he has spat his dummy out that ferrari won't make him unequivocal number one driver for next year.

Thats it schumi run with you tail behind you legs cos you know you will get spanked by kimi in equal machinery, instead of second rate drivers as number two.

that doesn't make him great

pompelmo
pompelmo

wazojugs wrote:looks like he leaving as he has spat his dummy out that ferrari won't make him unequivocal number one driver for next year.

Thats it schumi run with you tail behind you legs cos you know you will get spanked by kimi in equal machinery, instead of second rate drivers as number two.

that doesn't make him great
you have serious issues...be respectfull!!!

wazojugs

no issues thats my point of view.

pompelmo
pompelmo

C-mon....You know that MS is great driver..Don't know why you deny it...like it or not