F1 is falling down a slippery slope

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
G-Rock
G-Rock

I think that F1's problems are mostly exaggerated. Nothing gets the adrenaline more than the start of a grand prix. There is nothing more supernatural than seeing an onboard shot of a driver doing a lap or making a pass at unbelievable speeds!
When i show virgin F1 viewers their first race, they can't believe how amazing it is (once they have been given a primer on the drivers, the stories behind the drivers etc.) After a couple puffs of some good chronic, a beer in their hand and a nice comfortable chair to sit in, I witness the makings of a new F1 fan. I love it! I even have a few friends who basically gave up hockey, football, baseball for the intensity of F1. It's perfect, 18 races a year and each race it like watching the final game of the Stanley cup, the World Cup or the World Series. The wives, girlfriends love it too because it takes up less time than the other sports.
Sure only 3 teams can realistically win races but it's also exciting to watch SA make progress in the back of the grid and the other teams battling it out for the "best of the rest" It's not all about winning, it's about teams achieving their objectives. Seeing a Toro Rossi in the top ten is like a victory in itself.
There may be some things that can be done to make passing a bit easier (on the track) but it's not a complicated as everyone thinks.

PS Remember Football is the world's #1 sport and most matches end up with only 2 or 3 goals scored. I think that F1 is the same. There may be only a few good passes in a race but when one happens, watch out, it would be good to have a clean set of underpants within reach!
--------------------------------------------------------