Ferrari Pilots&F1Cars

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Carlos
Carlos

Ferrari Pilots&F1Cars

What is your Favourite F1 Ferrari Driver and Car combination?
Omitting MS and his sucessful pairing with Ferrari.
We have discussed his career, so very extensively lately.
Why did they suceed? Why did they fail to win?
See my post of Saturday Sept. 23rd 12:33PM for more details
Thread "Shumacher to retire"
Importantly read the post and confine offerings to it's suggestions. If you would be so kind.

Lorenzo Bandini and the 1967 F1 Ferrari:

Although the powerplant was perhaps the most powerful of the season. The chassis was a monocoque with a tubular spaceframe--which perhaps
did not offer the rigidity of other constructors that were using full monocoques with pontoons to support the engine and absorb suspension inputs. The engine was also slightly heavier than others of 1967, notably the Cosworth V8. Unfortunately Bandini perished in an accident at Monaco.
We can never know the possibilities this driver/chassis combination may have been capable of.

Thank you for your help Tom---I have an interesting link for you concerning vortex cannons and a rivalry between the Cooper and Lotus
F1 teams which bear a small relevence to your VC and Ciro's postings.
I will post it soon.

Enjoy! Regards Carlos

Saribro
Saribro

I recall being a Berger-fan back when he was in a Ferrari. I was very young at the time though, I don't recall much more than that, so don't ask me to explain it :). I've been supportive of Barrichello when he was in a Ferrari too, probably because he was somewhat of an underdog, performing well but not getting those wins (for whatever reason).

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

What can I say, Gilles Villeneuve was and is still my favorite of all.
I also cheered a lot for Jean Alesi, I considered him a very good driver with fantastic spirit, despite just one win.

manchild
manchild

I'd say Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve, Alesi and Berger.

Prost and 641/2 also seamed like made for each other.

Tom

I reakon thats literally true MC, the Ferrari was made for Prost.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Carlos
Carlos

Gentleman--- All Excellent Choices. All great drivers--in so many ways. I will say Alesi is also one of mine. All the these pilots were--well---
superlative talents---of grat acheivement, verve and skill.

More favourites?

Regards Carlos

Jason

My vote is surely for Jean Alesi, despite only winning the 1995 Canadian Grand Prix. I have to say that Prost is the worst Ferrari driver I've ever seen(although I hate Schumi most), I don't hate him, but whats up with complaining and then get fired????.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Carlos Reutemann, despite his inconsistent record, was fun to watch, and on occasion put in inspiried driving. It's funny that Jody Scheckter seems unnoticed, it's probably because of his non-existant personality.
Also, Jacques Bernard (Jacky) Ickx was also a Ferrari pilot. History will show him as one of the all time greats in motor racing. And if anyone deserves to be nominated "rainmaster" of them all, I nominate Jacky.

wazojugs

it has to be lauda in the 312T2

Carlos
Carlos

Jackie Ickx--Absolutely the "Rainmaster" of any and all open-wheel formulas--I followed him very closely. Jody Schecter--reserved, clean, smooth and very fast. Carlos Reutemann-- 2nd in Driver's Champion system twice?-- 4 or 5 teams ?- 10 years in F1--defied Frank Williams team orders---What's not to like? ( Appealing 1st Name --with a certain ring to it.) Lauda--a Champion's Champion- I don't remember the 312T2 as being an easy car to drive.You are all bringing back some great memories.

Regards Carlos

Carlos
Carlos

Jody Scheckter. My apologies. And Father to another generation's driver.
Tomas Scheckter--who showed brilliance earlier in his career and may yet achieve much more.

Regards Carlos

Carlos
Carlos

Jason- Yes-- Alesi-- but this thread is not about distaste or admiration for MS. Nothing to do with Micheal Shumacher--no --not on this thread. Alesi--Always a charger, pushing forward---Always. A lot of Heart and Heat.