Jackie Stewart and Mosley speak up (differently)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mini696

I've used this as an example before, but Alonso was "brake testing" Michael every corner at Monza last year. He would brake early so he could balk MS and get a faster run out of the corner.

MS did the exact same thing in Monza 04.

manchild
manchild

Tp wrote:Safety? It's either overtake the cars or crash into them because Alonso is driving so god dam slow. Too slow in fact. Even the BMW behind is ready to overtake.
Red flag is shown on all marshals’ posts and drivers are informed about it by radio instantly. If all drivers behind Alonso were able to see the red flag than Schuey was supposed to see it too. You absolutely can’t blame Alonso for driving too slow under red flag – that is EXACTLY what is expected of driver when under red flag!

Yellow flag alerts on potential danger, doubled yellow flag means that driver should slow down a lot and be prepared to stop if necessary because the track might be jammed. Red flag means that session is stopped and no speeding, racing and overtaking is allowed. That is not my opinion that it the racing law that has nothing to do with opinion of fans, marshals and stewards.
Tp wrote:If you watch, Alonso breaks, turns, then instead of accelerating slows down further up to a point where Doornbus who is accelerating through the corner nearly collides with Alonso who's parked on the apex.
We’ve seen how “parked” looks like in Monaco. Doornbos wasn’t even on the racing line – he was entering right U turn from the right side of the track. As mini 696 said – brake testing with no crash is no offence but part of the driving style used by all drivers.
boban-mk wrote:From this i can see that you didn't watch that incident or you are blind or brain blinded. Sory but you are not out of reality, you are much more.

Other thing that you write is not wort to comment. All i can say that truth always hurt the most. From the first video that you didn't see :roll: and from the second when you realize the great idea of Alonso to brake that almost get hit by BMW so Schumacher had to pass them.

Yes, that is reality and I know you are hurt, that your idol is not that perfect as you imagine.
I’m sorry but you’re basing you opinion on impression you get from video while overtaking under red flag is something so explicit that allows no space for judging not even to FIA marshals and stewards. There is no “why he did it”, no explanation, he did it – end of story for all FIA personnel on track. Trying to justify multiple overtaking under red flag is equal to attempt to justify attempt of multiple homicide in the court of law. Potential victims are not the villain – the villain is the one who puts them in danger.

Just try talking to any experienced motorsport marshal from any place of the globe and you’ll get same answer – red flag = offence, no buts or ifs.

I'm not saying that Alonso is perfect. I'm just pointing out that Schuey gets away with mild punishments for immeasurably greater offences. No other driver in any circuit racing in the world would be allowed to race that weekend after multiple overtaking under red flag and would be expelled for at least several months from the championship.
boban-mk wrote:Not all people in the world are blind. Those are two of many reasons why your champion is unrespected of all in F1 history. And if you know how many supporters he has outside of Spain don't get supprised.
Unrespeced by whom? I think that “unrespected of all in F1 history” is a position taken for eternity by the driver that holds rest of the all time records. I guess that is why Schuey has fewer sites of his supporters than there are sites of F1 fans that dislike him.

:arrow: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=anti+schumacher
gcdugas wrote:Wasn't it Dornbos that Schumi ran into in China last year? Or was that Albers?.
Schuey run into Albers – not vice versa. He was “punished” with official reprimand by FIA and he even confessed he caused the accident. Just compare penalty Alonso was given for incident with no crash with “official reprimand” Schuey got for causing big crash forcing both of them to switch to T cars.
Last edited by manchild on 27 Sep 2006, 11:16, edited 2 times in total.

Tom

That was a silly move by Alonso, he shouldn't have slowed so much so suddenly, but I don't think it was purposely to get MS in trouble.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

boban-mk

Tom wrote:That was a silly move by Alonso, he shouldn't have slowed so much so suddenly, but I don't think it was purposely to get MS in trouble.
Did you watch carefully. First he breaks, almost stops, then watch carfully last second of video. After MS pass him he step on the gass immediately.

I can't believe how stuppid MS was in that situation.

gcdugas

boban-mk wrote:
Tom wrote:That was a silly move by Alonso, he shouldn't have slowed so much so suddenly, but I don't think it was purposely to get MS in trouble.
Did you watch carefully. First he breaks, almost stops, then watch carfully last second of video. After MS pass him he step on the gass immediately.

I can't believe how stuppid MS was in that situation.
where is the video posted?
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

boban-mk

Hungary 2006 tests incidents:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-ur_o0Wu4
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfqmHckswVE

but maybe here all can see what i've talking about. Great move for Alonso, stupid action by Michael. I was suprise by worse acting ever by Alonso :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQ69Jft ... ed&search=
Last edited by boban-mk on 27 Sep 2006, 20:20, edited 2 times in total.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

mini696 wrote:I've used this as an example before, but Alonso was "brake testing" Michael every corner at Monza last year. He would brake early so he could balk MS and get a faster run out of the corner.

MS did the exact same thing in Monza 04.
I believe it was Imola, but I agree Alonso was braking early. But it was during the race, and it was a strategy to keep Schumacher behind him. I wasn't really "brake checking", it was just early braking.
But with the Doornbos incident, Alonso did something very dumb and wrong. he did deserve a penalty.

Venom
Venom

Alonso certainly does have reputation :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSFWc9jpFg&NR
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Wow, that certainly was dirty pool on Alonso's part. It could have resulted in a very nasty accident.
That kind of driving should be punished by suspension of a few races and removal of all points so far. Very dirty.

zenvision

woahh, that was really dirty. i am baffled DC didnt take out alonso with him too as it was the least he could do. nasty, very nasty.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Tom

I remember that now, I was really pissed off with Alonso then, put DC out of the race.

I'm really starting to believe the only fair driver likely to get a title soon is Kimi.

Perhaps Coulthard should have gone left and cut across Fernando's front and made the escape road, but he really didn't have chance to think. That was a while back but it was a stupid move by Fernando.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Alonso did what?!

I clearly remember that race. Coulthard seamed to have forgotten to brake or his brakes failed. Just check the amount of speed he had and try applying that to slow left chicane. Alonso did absolutely nothing wrong. Coulthard never complained and Alonso was never questioned by stewards.

What we see now are attempts of Ferrari fans to present Alonso as "dirty driver" in order to justify their bellowed Schuey. Like "every driver is dirty so what if Schuey is too?”. Sorry, but not a single driver is as dirty as Schuey and such attempts just won't pass.

If Alonso had such reputation it would be known before youtube “experts” started watching old videos in 2006. You can’t start artificially building someone’s reputation. Fans, media and FIA officials weren’t blind than and if Alonso was playing dirty it would be noticed and spoken about when it happened.

What Schueydid in his career was noticed ASAP and no one was making him looking dirty starting from 2006. His moves were noticed and commented when they happened by TV commentaries, media and fans – Alonso’s weren’t because they didn’t exist.

Tom

Manchild, you are insulting me again!
I am cartainly not an MS fan!

Anyway, to truly appreciate any driver you must be aware of both their good and bad points, I know DC has made some pretty rash moves, I don't deny he could have done things better, Alonso clearly, as shown on the vid has made some terrible moves but he's still a hell of a driver, Michael has so many bad points against his name it clouds his fantastic tallent and even Senna has made some dicy descisions.

mcdenife
mcdenife

Manchild wrote:
Alonso did what?!

I clearly remember that race. Coulthard seamed to have forgotten to brake or his brakes failed. Just check the amount of speed he had and try applying that to slow left chicane. Alonso did absolutely nothing wrong. Coulthard never complained and Alonso was never questioned by stewards.

What we see now are attempts of Ferrari fans to present Alonso as "dirty driver" in order to justify their bellowed Schuey. Like "every driver is dirty so what if Schuey is too?”. Sorry, but not a single driver is as dirty as Schuey and such attempts just won't pass.

If Alonso had such reputation it would be known before youtube “experts” started watching old videos in 2006. You can’t start artificially building someone’s reputation. Fans, media and FIA officials weren’t blind than and if Alonso was playing dirty it would be noticed and spoken about when it happened.

What Schueydid in his career was noticed ASAP and no one was making him looking dirty starting from 2006. His moves were noticed and commented when they happened by TV commentaries, media and fans – Alonso’s weren’t because they didn’t exist.
In that race, Alonso braked way too early and it was commented on at the time. In that same race he did exactly the same thing to schuey towards the end of the race. the teams and the drivers commented on it but did not take it further. However Alonso was warned both by the race stewards and the gpda. You cant accuse schu fans of a blind defence of 'their driver' and then do exactly the same when it comes to alonso
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I remember watching that race at Nurbirgring. And seeing the youtube video, my opinion is unchanged. Alonso used the back of his car in a nasty blocking effort. I personally believe Alonso was in the wrong. But in Alonso's defence, this kind of crap from him comes few and far between.
Michael Schumacher is totally different in his behavior, he is willing to do anything at any time to anyone to secure a victory. That's why I am firmly convinced his history of misdemeanors is far from complete, he's not going to end the season and his career without more carp.