Alonso accuses Renault???!?!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basrawi
basrawi

Alonso accuses Renault???!?!!

"They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number 'one' to a different team" "They are not helping me as much as they could.""Some [at Renault] are happy because we went past Ferrari in the team battle,"
AS (Spanish newspaper)

Can you Believe this!!!! :shock:

I Dont ,,,,,,
M Basrawi

Scuderia_Russ

It looks that way from the outside. who knows. Renault seemed to do their level best to cock everything up... including catching the podium champagne!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

vyselegend

I dont...

Probably the same sort of crappy newspaper that titled "Alonso: Renault never helped me" back in the middle of the season. :roll:

I bet Alonso will deny those comments next weekend. Just sensasionalism journalism from spannish medias frustrated from sunday's unfortune.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Actually, I can. Flavio is a vindictive man just like Ron Dennis, and we must remember how hurt and angry he was when Alonso signed with Mclaren for '07. In previous posts I have talked about the possibility of Alonso getting screwed over by Renault (Flavio), and the no matter what the outcome, there will not be a car carrying the number one for that team.
So just why should they help him? All that matters to Flavio is the manufacturer's title, and to be honest, if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't go an extra inch to help Alonso in his personal quest.
Maybe this was the motivation for Alonso putting in brutally fast laps in the closing stages of the Chinese GP. He had been handed a good gap to Schumacher by the team's "problems" with the wheel nut, and he wanted to win, regardless.

vyselegend

DaveKillens wrote: So just why should they help him? .
:shock:

A WCC isn't something you win at local bingo lottery! Who cares about a number on the car?! The whole team is working very hard with the ultimate goal of bringing back this trophy to the factory.
Why should they help him? To win WCC, at least!

joseff

DaveKillens wrote:Actually, I can. Flavio is a vindictive man just like Ron Dennis, and we must remember how hurt and angry he was when Alonso signed with Mclaren for '07.
But Dave, Flavio gets a cut of Fernando's paycheck. It's in his best interest to get Fernando a more generous employer.

ketanpaul

But Dave, Flavio gets a cut of Fernando's paycheck. It's in his best interest to get Fernando a more generous employer.
Well, you really dont worry about a couple of more million dollars when you are a real multi-millionaire :lol: :lol: :lol:

vis

When interviewed by italian media, Briatore always speaks of WCC to be of the importance of "Coppa Italia", italian national footbal cup (which is considered by football teams of little importance compared to Champions League or national championship).
He always points out that the true title is the WDC, as F1 history teaches, been the only title available in first F1 years, WCC to be "invented" later.

zenvision

exactly vis. he always, at least publicly, says he cares about the WDC and I believe him. I think Alonso is suffering from pressure and is starting blaming everybody apart from himself. not that he has to blame himself by anymeans but I dont think this helps the team atmosphere and morale and now i can see the tide switching to ferrari's favour.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

RH1300S
RH1300S

In a rare moment I disagree with you Dave.........

Winning the World Drivers Title will still mean a lot to Renault (& Michelin let's not forget). WCC would add spice.

I really believe they are trying to win it all.............and I have trouble believing FA said that.

manchild
manchild

I don't believe in that at all. Renault is in F1 to boost sales of their cars and they need to have titles. Titles remain in history while numbers on cars don't mean nothing. Ferrari with number 1 never meant enything as for example Ferrari with number 27 did and still does - http://www.ventisetterosso.com

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I was just postulating that it was possible. To the car buying masses, the driver's title is easily the more recognizable, and what sells cars.
Ferrari's mind games are having an effect, Alonso is showing signs of the pressure. Whether there is any truth or not, to say something like that is pretty indiciative of an unhappy man. Maybe he's doing it to put pressure on his team, which has made some errors in the last while.
Post China, Alonso has to be feeling quite disappointed in everything, and generally pissed off. He sure had a sour puss on the podium and post race press conference.
Then again, is that statement verifiable? Did it come from Alonso's mouth or was it something Ferrari floated in an attempt to provoke discord in the Renault camp?
So much to consider, so many options and perspectives.

bhall
bhall

Like you pointed out in another thread, Dave, he's young. Combine that fact with the overtly political nature of F1 and I have no doubt that he said it.

Last year was fairly easy for Renault because you could pretty much count on their main rival - McLaren - blowing something up and taking themselves out of the race. This year they've had Ferrari methodically chipping away at a one-time 25 point lead. In my mind, it's now Ferrari's game to lose. Neither Renault or Alonso has dealt with that pressure too well at all.

zenvision

But still dave I think its something the team could have done without, they are already underpressure to perform and these comments probably didn't go down to well with the mechanics in japan who are far from their wives and families to help him win the title isnt it? I couldnt imagine myself saying this, but he should take a leaf out of michael's book about team support and trust.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

manchild
manchild

bhallg2k wrote:This year they've had Ferrari methodically chipping away at a one-time 25 point lead. In my mind, it's now Ferrari's game to lose. Neither Renault or Alonso has dealt with that pressure too well at all.
This guy was methodically chipping too. He had double books Ferrari has Mosley.