Suzuka

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Suzuka

Well, this week the fine Japanese people get to host the world in a wonderful and historic track.
Rainhas hampered practice, but once again, Vettel has displayed amazing speed for someone so young and inexperienced in F1.
Presently, Renault and Ferrari have set the pace, it looks like they are comparable. I hope so, this will be entertaining for the fans.
It's difficult to guage the cars because of the changing rain conditions, and I bet there are many out there praying for a dry wekend, while others are praying to the rain gods......... :roll:
The season is reaching it's end soon, and the only way Michael Schumacher can clinch the title is to win, while Alonso finishes out of the points. And no matter how well Fernando does and poor Shu finishes, he cannot clinch the title in Japan.
So many questions, so many possibilities... Will Kimi finally win? Maybe Fisi is due again? Are the Toyotas going to get any points? Will we see controversy.. again? Could someone unexpected win, like Reubens, or Heidfeld?

boban-mk

According to http://www.weather.com we will probably have dry and sunny weekend.

m3_lover

Bridgestone in the first two rows... I Got to think that Toyota has once again put very little fuel at suzuka (compare to last year). Im hoping for a great race but it looks like Ferrari has this one in the bag.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

wazojugs

Toyota are on corporate pole, plus the bridgestones look good over one lap, hopefully the michelins will gain more grip during the stints

zenvision

today I was really impressed with Rosberg, Liuzzi and Toyota. wonderful performances by all of them especially Liuzzi who beat all his 3 team mates.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Principessa

As I would mention in my newsarticle (but I have left out as I have to be objective as news editor) I think that if they stewards are honoust, they have to give a penalty to Massa as well, just like they did during qualifying session at Monza! Alonso was totally blocked by Massa at the beginning of the 3rd heat. This was blocking, at Monza it wasn't blocking, so if they don't give Massa a penalty this weekend, you get a penalty for not blocking, but when you are blocking, you don't. Let's wait and see what happens, Flavio already went to the FIA to complain about it. I hope it helps a bit.

For the rest of the qualifying session, Alonso admits that he will have a very hard race tomorrow and he won't be able to beat the Ferrari's during the race, or it should be that they get involved in an incident or suffer a technical problem. Alonso admits that the Ferrari's are too fast, like Renault was too fast at the beginning of the season.

I was really surprised by the Toyota's as well and I never thought that they would be the onces outpacing the renaults. I expected Honda to be faster during the qualifying session. But heads of to Toyota. After that horrible weekend last week and, lets be honoust the bad season, they are able to shine in front of their home crowd. It must give both drivers and the team a boost for next season and for the final race at Brazil.

Nick Heidfeld was performing well today! And the biggest shock was that none of the McLaren cars were able to qualify in the top 10.

I think it will be a Ferrari show tomorrow, but still I hope that Alonso will be able to turn the tables around!

Goooooooooo Fernando!!!!

FLC
FLC

So expected...
Contrary to Monza, Massa and Alonso were on the same kind of lap. In Monza Alonso was on his outlap while Massa was on his hot-lap. I dont see what's so difficult to understand about it. See, if you are objective - it's OK, but if you're not - it is a reason for Massa to be punished.

Further more, we've seen these kind of acts all through the season. MS and Alonso had the exact same moments which sometimes ended up in a competetive passing maneuver. Something that wasnt in reach today for Renault. But since baby Alonso decided to cry about it on the radio, baby-Alonso-fans start to scream fault.

And if that isnt enough, during those laps the drivers were setting slow times. Nobody was trying to set the poll - we all know that, since they never do before they change the tyres. What stopped Alonso from backing off a little and opening the gap? Isnt that what his team calmly told him to do (in contrast to his whiny stressed comment)? Maybe Renault did that on purpose in order to make all the conspiracy feelings rise again...

pRo

Principessa wrote:I think that if they stewards are honoust, they have to give a penalty to Massa as well, just like they did during qualifying session at Monza! Alonso was totally blocked by Massa at the beginning of the 3rd heat.
Nothing will happen:
viewtopic.php?t=3236
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

boban-mk

I think that Alonso should improve his acting capabilities because today act was not convincing, as the one in Ungary. Based on what Reno is crying now. They want to try everything posible to move Ferrari, but this try is not good enough. They should concentrate now on Toyota, becase they are not that light like Reno thinks. They were also quicker in Q2 from Reno. MS once again like in Turkey in Q2 showed his possibilities.

Principessa

FLC wrote:So expected...
Contrary to Monza, Massa and Alonso were on the same kind of lap. In Monza Alonso was on his outlap while Massa was on his hot-lap. I dont see what's so difficult to understand about it.
Alonso was at Monza driving as fast as he could (like on a hot lap) to be able to set down another hot lap. He just made the finishing line in time...so there was no reason for Alonso to block Massa.
Massa really hit the brakes more than he should have and his explanation of: Alonso was close to me but after the first lap I drove away from him is stupid as Alonso had to take space because he was blocked by Massa otherwise!
(Renault said to alonso to ease down, so that he had more space)

But that's in my point of view, though the commentator also suggested that Massa should be penalised

bhall
bhall

Massa wasn't blocking Alonso. All he did was put a gap between himself and Schumacher because you don't want to be right up someone's butt in qualifying (remember, he was quicker than Schu in Q2).

It's what Alonso should've done earlier instead of trying to jump the Ferraris out of pit lane. No one other than him had a problem spacing themselves out. Even Ralf got it right.

Cry, cry, cry.

This is exactly why I'm not an Alonso fan. Last year, say what you will, but Schu took his beating like a man. This year, Alonso is whining like a little girl when things don't go his way.

Oh, the fun he'll have next year in the ever-so-reliable McLaren. "Mommy, Ron won't make me a good car!"

Principessa

Rubbish! Even a true Ferrari fan can admit that there have been made decisions by the FIA and stewards that are very dubious! Dubious in the meaning that the FIA just wants Schumacher to retire with a title! Nobody can deny this!

And you have to be a bit realistic too, the media has twisted words of Alonso and of Schumacher, so we don't always have the right view on some things that are said or done.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I'm an Alonso fan; but that raised an smirk :wink:

manchild
manchild

In his 15 years of F1 career FIA never did same ammount of injustice as it did to Alonso in the second half of season 2006.

Some people seam to be forgetting mass damper, two penalties and most of all fact that Charile Whiting still thinks that frizbie shape has noting to do with air and that they fly because they are proppelled. Ferrari is running obviously illegal car whole 2006 season and FIA closes their eyes.

Every mechcanic on the corner will tell you that their rear wheels are illegal and expalin why but that simple fact can't seam to reach "experts" in FIA. When it matters simplicity mass damper is high tech device compared to frizbies but red money prevents Charlie Whiiting for figure that out.

Hollywood Beyond - What's The Colour Of Money

Dull my senses, steal my pride, principles denied
Passion faked and sold to the anthem green and gold
Colour of the virtue by working like a slave
More precious than life itself, what's the colour tempting fate?

What's the colour of money, what's the colour of money?
Don't tell me that you think it's green, me, I know it's red

What was a useful tool, has taken our control? (Ohoho)
It takes away your hearts and wraps it up around your soul

I know it's red
I know it's red

Tell me
Tell me

Colour of the virtue by working like a slave
More precious than life itself, familiarity breeds contempt

Last edited by manchild on 07 Oct 2006, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

bhall
bhall

Principessa wrote:Rubbish! Even a true Ferrari fan can admit that there have been made decisions by the FIA and stewards that are very dubious! Dubious in the meaning that the FIA just wants Schumacher to retire with a title! Nobody can deny this!
If you'll notice, I said nothing like that. I'm not going to deny that the FIA has made incredibly stupid and biased decisions. But that's not what I was talking about.

Massa didn't block Alonso; he gave Schumacher room. It's that simple. It was up to Alonso to give Massa, and himself, some room. Everyone else did it without a problem.

FYI: Alonso's penalty at Monza was a crap decision. I know that.