Korea Gp Track Layout

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Korea Gp Track Layout

Here is the layout of the new track...

http://www.gpkorea.com/upfiles/editorup ... F1GHSD.jpg
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

m3_lover

Counter-clockwise fusion circuit
Track total length: 5.450km
Alternate track length: 3.045km
F1 track corners: 11 left turns, 6 right turns
Alternate track corners: 8 left turns, 3 right turns
Estimated F1 lap time: 1:32:04
Estimated F1 avg. speed: 212km
Estimated F1 top speed: 320km
Length of longest straight: 1.15km
Sepctator capacity: 120,000

Features separate paddock and pit for both F1 and altenate track
Contruction begins in 2007. To be finished at the end of 2009.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

Very Tilkish :lol:

That right corner after long straight is sooo typical for Tilke and so boring.

A bit of dark sarcasm regarding South Korean circuit:
Last edited by manchild on 12 Oct 2006, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

flynfrog

manchild wrote:Very Tilkish :lol:

That right corner after long straight is sooo typical for Tilke and so boring.

A bit of dark sarchasm regarding South Korean circuit:
:lol:

manchild
manchild

Damn, you always quote me before I check my spelling :oops: :oops: :oops:

I know, I know... I should first check and than post :oops:

flynfrog

manchild wrote:Damn, you always quote me before I check my spelling :oops: :oops: :oops:

I know, I know... I should first check and than post :oops:
the realy bad part i didnt even notice the spelling mistake

Saribro
Saribro

Kinda funky pit exits, but looks like a cool circuit.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

A grand total of two overtaking opportunities. How exciting. Tilke strikes again. :roll:

ketanpaul

Its a nice circuit no doubt, but it could have been funkier :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciro Pabón

I do not understand it very well, as usual.

1. What are the "yellowish/brownish/goldenish" areas generously sprinkled around the track? Surely they cannot be the run-off areas: they are not located at the places where I would expect them. Auxiliary roads?

2. Which is the F1 circuit and which is the alternate circuit? The kinks you have to follow to go around the external part of your drawing are severe, specially at the joinings of the two "main loops". I could not figure out a trajectory around the circuit without these "kinks". It is a kinky circuit? I love that kind. Hey, it has a nice ring to it: "Tilke's kinks at Korea".

BTW: Where is located? Panmunjong? DMZ? Uijeongbu? (I would love that one, too).

Please, enlighten, Massa.

About the overtaking opportunities, what's up with you people? Do you know how wide is the track? Do you? OT depends on offering two different racing lines. Do you hear me? And get off my lawn!
Ciro

fwa2500

i wish tilke would stop using rulers and compasses for once and just freehand an organic track, and not make it with 10 mile long run-off areas or hairpins after every decent sized strait.....atleast its a fresh track and not annonimising a classic like he did to fuji.....

Tom

A first corner should be very fast followed by a straight then into a tight hairpin with a narrow exit IMO, just like Imola used to be, but more runoff obviously. Tosa was just plain stupid pre '94.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Tilke is watching too many cartoons

His Korea track has Snoopy outlines :lol:

Sodder
Sodder

Ciro Pabón wrote:I do not understand it very well, as usual.

1. What are the "yellowish/brownish/goldenish" areas generously sprinkled around the track? Surely they cannot be the run-off areas: they are not located at the places where I would expect them. Auxiliary roads?
I believe they are grand stands and seating arrangements.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

Saribro
Saribro

Sodder wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:I do not understand it very well, as usual.

I believe they are grand stands and seating arrangements.
I think he means the gravel zones (I think).
On the bottom left hand of the circuit for example, that would mean relatively large asphalt run-off areas like turkey, before race-ending gravel zones.