Korea Gp Track Layout

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
horse

Re: Korea Gp Track Layout

Kudos to all those who identified this engine as a V10! Initial reports of it being an RB5 must have been misinformed. :oops:

As this Autosport article reports:
Christian Horner wrote:"It was close to a six year old car with a V10 engine - especially derived for running show car projects - with a very basic telemetry system."
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

FW17

Is that a Cosworth V10

Pandamasque

I'm going to give my ears a present or something.

PlatinumZealot

This is how the finished product is supposed to be:

Go to 3 minutes in to see a little animation the cars racing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg9gOBbM ... re=related[/youtube]

I think this is a good addition to the calendar.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

WhiteBlue

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Lh379HVYk[/youtube]

Comparing Karun Chandhok's run with the Codemaster CAD data. It is clear that some of the grandstands, buildings and bridges will only go up in the next years, but the track itself will be ready, as Horner says. I believe that Bernie is just showing the Koreans how displeased he is and the usual busybodies are having their tongue wagging fest.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Sky Deutschland learned from Charlie Whiting that the Korean GP will definitely happen. The final asphalt layer is finished and they are working on finishing curbs and the like. Bernie and Whiting are 99% confident that the inspection will be passed.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

sknguy
sknguy

After seeing Weber's tour now I understand why the backend of the circuit seemed illogical. That section is supposed to be an eventual street circuit section. Huh... I wonder if they'll install the skyscrapers in time for 2011? :mrgreen: Should be a very good circuit though. Not a classic, but very good.